Mr Bond, who died in June, at 91, was a BBC studio cameraman when in 1958 he published his first Paddington story, A Bear Called Paddington.
Bond's daughter Karen Jankel led the tributes, describing her father as a "master of one-liners", who could see the humour in any situation and had "a twinkle in his eye".
HarperCollins Children's Books executive publisher Ann-Janine Murtagh added: "We are deeply honoured to be publishing the final Paddington story from our most cherished author, Michael Bond".
Jankel said her father's "friendly demeanour would melt the hardest of hearts", and that "women had an unfortunate tendency to fall in love with him".
Xbox One X hits 80,000 United Kingdom sales in first week
Just in time for the holidays and Xbox's annual Black Friday sale , game gifting from the store is now available to the public. The Xbox One X actually made me say "oh wow" out loud while looking at fake rain, so that has to count for something .
British actor Hugh Bonneville has joined hundreds of mourners at a memorial service for the creator of the marmalade-loving bear Paddington. "Despite this" he "only married twice", and his widow and his first wife were both at the service.
Stars of the Paddington movies, Hugh Bonneville, Madeleine Harris and Samuel Joslin, were in attendance.
"I was particularly pleased by the idea that Michael had it in his head, when making decisions, 'what would Paddington do?' I think that would be a good tattoo for all of us".
The service came a week after Bond's new book was announced at St. Paul's.
- Le Premier ministre français attendu au Maroc ce mercredi: voici le programme
- Jerry Jones won't stop fighting owners in Roger Goodell talks
- Gopro Inc Cl A Cmn (GPRO) Valuation Review
- United Nations criticizes 'inhuman' European Union policy on migrants in Libya
- Oil price drops more than US$1on IEA warning of shrinking demand
- Blake Shelton Shares Big News About New Album 'Texoma Shore'
- Traders Secrets on Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX), Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG)
- Turkish president visits Kuwait for 'cooperation' talks
- Bombardier vend 12 avions CS300 à Egyptair
- Top Pak Army man says India sabotaging CPEC