The FBI signaled this week agents may be investigating whether Planned Parenthood's dealings in fetal tissue were legal.
There are 2 comments on the Fox News story from 6 hrs ago, titled Planned Parenthood docs requested from Senate by Federal Bureau of Investigation, signaling possible criminal probe.
In 2015, a video was leaked of an activist for the Center of Medical Progress in discussion with a Planned Parenthood official, Dr. Deborah Nucatola. However, there wasn't anything conclusive to indict Planned Parenthood, as state investigators did not find concrete proof, according to NPR. The abortion organization has so far managed to dodge any conviction for the wrongdoing suggested in the undercover videos.
"Not content with their status as the nation's largest abortion business, evidence shows Planned Parenthood sought to squeeze every last opportunity for cash from the sale of hearts, brains, lungs, and livers of the unborn children whose lives they end", she said. "We commend the Trump administration for holding them accountable and urge Congress to follow through on the promise to redirect the half-billion dollars in taxpayer funding the abortion giant receives each year".
The Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ALXN) Receives $168.83 Average PT from Brokerages
Following the completion of the sale, the director now directly owns 5,480 shares of the company's stock, valued at $799,038.80. TheStreet downgraded shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals from a "b-" rating to a "c+" rating in a research report on Friday.
Planned Parenthood has reacted by saying it "strongly disagrees with the recommendations of the Senate Republican staff to refer this matter to the Justice Department".
It is against the law to sell fetal tissue for profit.
The Center for Medical Progress alleges Planned Parenthood was illegally profiting from the exchange of limbs and organs, and the House and Senate launched investigations into the nonprofit's practice.
Planned Parenthood, which insists it never violated the law, said it provided more than 3,000 pages of documents and several witnesses to the committee. "Planned Parenthood's sale of aborted baby body parts is the greatest human atrocity of our times and must finally be brought to justice under the law", he added.
- German economy expands faster in third quarter
- Gérard Depardieu : C'est 80 000 euros pour sa venue à un festival
- Hate crimes down in Wisconsin
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stake Increased by Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab
- Russian Federation accuses USA coalition of hampering its anti-IS operation in Syria
- Facebook Challenger in Austria Stumbles in Collective Suit
- 3 killed in shooting at Northern California elementary school
- Silver Alert declared for missing Terre Haute woman
- Who Is Jody Warner? Drunken Prosecutor Fired After Abusing, Threatening Uber Driver
- Manana sentenced to 12 months in prison or R100k fine — Newsflash