Insiders say "hundreds of names" were considered before Eve landed the full-time gig.
THE TALK announced live today that GRAMMY Award victor and Philadelphia native, Eve Jeffers Cooper, has joined as a new host of the Daytime Emmy Award-winning talk show. She previously appeared as a guest co-host during the week of October 30.
"The women were thrilled when they heard Eve would be joining the show and can't wait to start talking and engaging her in the conversation", CBS exec Angelica McDaniel, who oversees daytime programming at the network, tells Variety. "Eve is an accomplished and dynamic performer, musician, wife, and stepmother who fits in seamlessly, while also adding a new layer to the show as we continue to evolve season to season". She has guest-starred on the talk show in recent weeks as well.
Flying vehicle company Terrafugia bought by China's Geely
Chris Jaran, former managing director for Bell Helicopter China, was also appointed as a board member and will take over as CEO. Terrafugia was founded in 2005 by five award-winning graduate engineers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Eve rose to fame in the late 90's in the world of hip-hop, peaking in 2001 with her Grammy-winning collaboration with Gwen Stefani for her biggest hit, "Let Me Blow Ya Mind".
"It is a new career move for me", Eve tells Variety.
"Honestly, I am the most excited...", she said during her introduction to the audience. This opportunity came and it's something new, something exciting. "I'm always interested in unique and fun parts", Eve reveals. "But the last few months I've been feeling that I want to join something".
Tyler, who has already guest co-hosted this season, is expected join the ladies at the table and fill in as a co-host from time-to-time when scheduling permits.
- Gigi Hadid Has Bella By Her Side at Glamour Awards!
- Fusillade dans une école primaire: 3 morts
- London house prices slow as United Kingdom sees pick up
- Carey Price shares health update
- Just an FIR, why should George resign: Siddaramaiah
- Marseille : le Conseil d'Etat autorise le spectacle de Dieudonné le 19 novembre
- Les Spice Girls prépareraient leur retour pour 2018
- Airbnb annonce le plafonnement des locations dans le centre de Paris
- The Game Awards Nominees for 2017 Have Been Revealed
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530