Insiders say "hundreds of names" were considered before Eve landed the full-time gig.
THE TALK announced live today that GRAMMY Award victor and Philadelphia native, Eve Jeffers Cooper, has joined as a new host of the Daytime Emmy Award-winning talk show. She previously appeared as a guest co-host during the week of October 30.
"The women were thrilled when they heard Eve would be joining the show and can't wait to start talking and engaging her in the conversation", CBS exec Angelica McDaniel, who oversees daytime programming at the network, tells Variety. "Eve is an accomplished and dynamic performer, musician, wife, and stepmother who fits in seamlessly, while also adding a new layer to the show as we continue to evolve season to season". She has guest-starred on the talk show in recent weeks as well.
Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
However, Iranian officials said there were no longer any likelihood of finding survivors and called the rescue off. The authorities said water and electricity had returned to most affected regions.
Eve rose to fame in the late 90's in the world of hip-hop, peaking in 2001 with her Grammy-winning collaboration with Gwen Stefani for her biggest hit, "Let Me Blow Ya Mind".
"It is a new career move for me", Eve tells Variety.
"Honestly, I am the most excited...", she said during her introduction to the audience. This opportunity came and it's something new, something exciting. "I'm always interested in unique and fun parts", Eve reveals. "But the last few months I've been feeling that I want to join something".
Tyler, who has already guest co-hosted this season, is expected join the ladies at the table and fill in as a co-host from time-to-time when scheduling permits.
- Gigi Hadid Has Bella By Her Side at Glamour Awards!
- The Game Awards Nominees for 2017 Have Been Revealed
- Twitter account that demonised Muslim woman was Russian fake
- Suspect shot & killed during struggle with a Baton Rouge Police officer
- London house prices slow as United Kingdom sees pick up
- Marseille : le Conseil d'Etat autorise le spectacle de Dieudonné le 19 novembre
- Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE:AVY) Chairman Sells $463738.00 in Stock
- Is gun maker liable? Court takes up Newtown shooting case
- Lightning Acquire Louis Domingue From Coyotes
- Just an FIR, why should George resign: Siddaramaiah