Hughes spoke to media after the performance, recalling the Eagles of Death Metal merch manager, Nick Alexander, who was killed in the Bataclan attack: "It is hard not to remember the people who were taken from us like our friend Nick Alexander and so many others".
The singer and the guitarist performed two songs - "Save a Prayer" and "I Love You All the Time" - outside the town hall. The memorial began with a moment of silence and reading of the names of those killed.
The band's concert turned into a bloodbath on 13 November 2015, when terrorists claiming allegiance to Isis opened fire inside the Bataclan venue.
Jared Leto (second from lt.), whose band Thirty Seconds to Mars played at the Bataclan a year prior to the terrorist attacks, also visited the memorial..
Israel issues strong warning against Hamas and Islamic Jihad
In a message in Arabic published on Saturday, Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) head Maj. -Gen. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Gaza-based Palestinian terror groups not to attack Israel.
NME reported that he spoke of their merchandise manager who was a victim of the attack. "We watched people give their lives for their friends and we were able to bear witness to that, and now we have a burden of responsibility to make certain that everyone knows that kind of love exists in this world".
Last February, the Colin Hanks-directed HBO documentary Eagles of Death Metal: Nos Amis (Our Friends) detailed the horrific massacre with in-depth interviews from the Eagles of Death Metal and other close musicians.
Sting was the first to perform at the reopened venue, a year after 90 people died.
- Rescuers rush to save 10 whales stranded on Indonesian beach
- Who Is Jody Warner? Drunken Prosecutor Fired After Abusing, Threatening Uber Driver
- Près de 700 000 euros de whisky volés à Paris
- Louisville City FC wins USL Cup title
- TJX Companies sees shares drop as it announces flat store sales
- Russian Federation accuses USA coalition of hampering its anti-IS operation in Syria
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Will resign if CM asks me to step down: Chandy
- Aerobic Exercise Can Help Preserve Brain Area Key to Memory
- Photo Of Cashier Helping Old Man Count Coins Goes Viral