Hughes spoke to media after the performance, recalling the Eagles of Death Metal merch manager, Nick Alexander, who was killed in the Bataclan attack: "It is hard not to remember the people who were taken from us like our friend Nick Alexander and so many others".
The singer and the guitarist performed two songs - "Save a Prayer" and "I Love You All the Time" - outside the town hall. The memorial began with a moment of silence and reading of the names of those killed.
The band's concert turned into a bloodbath on 13 November 2015, when terrorists claiming allegiance to Isis opened fire inside the Bataclan venue.
Jared Leto (second from lt.), whose band Thirty Seconds to Mars played at the Bataclan a year prior to the terrorist attacks, also visited the memorial..
Will resign if CM asks me to step down: Chandy
Speaking to the media later, Tankha said they are studying the verdict and will decide on what needs to be done. The minister should step out of the ivory tower and face the law as an ordinary citizen, the court said.
NME reported that he spoke of their merchandise manager who was a victim of the attack. "We watched people give their lives for their friends and we were able to bear witness to that, and now we have a burden of responsibility to make certain that everyone knows that kind of love exists in this world".
Last February, the Colin Hanks-directed HBO documentary Eagles of Death Metal: Nos Amis (Our Friends) detailed the horrific massacre with in-depth interviews from the Eagles of Death Metal and other close musicians.
Sting was the first to perform at the reopened venue, a year after 90 people died.
- Joe Jackson Posts Bizarre Video to Grandson Blanket
- Aerobic Exercise Can Help Preserve Brain Area Key to Memory
- Louisville City FC wins USL Cup title
- East Asia Summit to censure N. Korea's nuclear program
- Thompson nominated for World Rugby Women's Player of the Year
- Phishing, keylogger : Google montre que les méthodes classiques de piratage restent efficaces
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. (NYSE:FNF)
- Israel issues strong warning against Hamas and Islamic Jihad
- Rescuers rush to save 10 whales stranded on Indonesian beach
- Hawaiian Airlines to Hold Open Houses for Displaced Island Air Workers