The three Mumbai-based properties of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim has been auctioned for more than Rs 11 crore on Tuesday.
The trust, run by the Bohra community, won bids for the three properties which includes two residences - six rooms of the Damarwala building and the Shabnam guest house - and a restaurant in Bhendi Bazaar named Hotel Raunaq Afroz (also known as Delhi Zaika).
The three properties, which are described as decrepit and unfit for living, would be refurbished, said the Saifee Trust in a statement. "Therefore, to ensure safety of the families living in these buildings and to carry on with redevelopment project, we participated in bidding and acquired these properties", the Saifee Burhani Upliftment Trust spokesperson said.
Summary: The reserve price for the three properties are Rs 1.21 crore, Rs 1.55 crore and Rs 1.18 crore respectively.
Shakira contrainte d'annuler son concert jeudi à l'Arena de Montpellier
SHAKIRAEL DORADO WORLD TOURREPORT / Nous sommes dans le regret de vous informer que, sur ordre du médecin, les dates... La nouvelle est tombée comme un couperet pour les fans de la chanteuse colombienne.
The first and the third floor apartments in the Damarwala building belonged to Dawood's ancestors, say officers. Dawood used to stay at Damarwala Building with his family till he fled the country in 1986.
The Appellate Tribunal for Forfeited Property had cleared the takeover of the properties by the government under the provisions of SAFEMA and this cleared the deck for auction. "However, it could not succeed back then".
Reports suggest the Rounaq Afroz restaurant was auctioned for Rs 4.53 crore. But the auction couldn't take place. Hence, the property was auctioned again today. After that, his properties were seized under SAFEMA (Smuggling and Foreign Exchange Manipulation ACT). Veteran journalist S Balakrishnan had a;sp bid for the hotel in 2015, but he failed to arrange the funds.
- Donald Trump calls Asia trip 'fruitful' with trade progress, nuclear reassurance
- Des centaines d'emploi seraient menacés chez Castorama et Brico Dépôt
- La casquette connectée pour ne pas pioncer en voiture !
- Le trafic est très perturbé mardi en raison d'une panne électrique
- Case Keenum throws four touchdown passes in win over Redskins
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Zlatan celebrates Sweden's qualification for 2018 World Cup
- EgyptAir in deal to buy 24 Bombardier C-Series planes
- Syrie: 53 morts dans dans des raids aériens
- Which? Has Warned Retailers About Connected Toys Because of 'Worrying' Security