NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday that rookie receiver Curtis Samuel will be shut down for the season following a left ankle injury suffered in Monday night's victory over the Miami Dolphins, per a souce informed of Samuel's status.
Samuel's ankle injury was thought to be serious and this all but confirms it.
Panthers coach Ron Rivera said Tuesday trainers were "not very optimistic" about Samuel's prognosis after he hobbled off the field in the third quarter and did not return.
Samuel had a season-high five catches on seven targets for 45 yards against Miami before suffering the injury, which occurred when a defender rolled over the ankle on a pass into the end zone. There are some guys on our team that would say yes. ". We're going to try hard to find ways to put guys in what they do best and then have them go do it".
GoCompare Rejects GBP460 Million Approach From ZPG
The company also confirmed that it was trading in line with the board's prior expectations. ZPG shares closed up 0.5% on Tuesday at 338.0 pence, valuing the firm at GBP1.48 billion.
Rivera is confident tight end Greg Olsen will return from injured reserve and play against the Jets on November 26.
Also, speedy receiver Damiere Byrd (broken arm) is set to come off injured reserve after the Jets game.
Samuel, a product of Ohio State, played running back for the Buckeyes before shifting to wide receiver in the NFL. "That's another thing we would look at". He has 15 catches for 115 yards on the year with eight of those receptions coming in the last two weeks.
"One of the best things that happened after Curtis [went out] was we didn't feel we missed a beat, " Shula said.
- GameStop temporarily halts unlimited used games program
- Shock as mysterious UFO 'hovers above California navy base'
- Marseille : le Conseil d'Etat autorise le spectacle de Dieudonné le 19 novembre
- Toll in Iran-Iraq natural disaster rises to 530
- Is gun maker liable? Court takes up Newtown shooting case
- Lightning Acquire Louis Domingue From Coyotes
- Cops: Rochester mom admitted to drowning 10-day-old
- Eve Takes 'The Talk' Co-Host Gig
- HTC dévoile son premier casque VR autonome — Vive Focus
- NBC News executive fired amid harassment allegations