The incident happened on Monday when the Kochi to Mumbai Jet Airways flight was scheduled to take off at 12.05 pm, but it got delayed after the hijack and bomb threat.
"The flight was rescheduled to take off at 1402 hours, with a delay of two hours on account of a security-related matter".
The flight 9W-339, with 122 passengers, including seven crew, made an emergency landing at the Ahmedabad airport after a letter warning about a hijack and bomb threat was discovered in one of the lavatories.
Clince Varghese, a native of Thrissur who resides in Mumbai and is a motorsport show VJ, allegedly shot the video in a playful manner while completing his boarding formalities.
Duchess of Cambridge's uncle admits punching wife in face
Prosecutors are seeking a restraining order to ban Mr Goldsmith from contacting his wife, suggesting their marriage is over. Goldsmith was also described as "panicked and walking in and out of the house, trying to get her to go back in the house".
He also informed his friend, who had already boarded the flight, about the message, the spokesman said.
Varghese's baggage was checked thoroughly.
The ground staff of Jet Airways overheard Varghese recording a video, saying that he had a "happy bomb", The Times of India reported.
". the central government hereby confers on Shri Vikram Khalate, Superintendent of Police, National Investigation Agency, Mumbai, the powers of arrest, investigation and prosecution exercisable by a police officer under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973" in relation to the case under the Anti-Hijacking Act, 2016, the notification said. The Mumbai-based anchor, Clince Varghese, 26, and his male friend have been detained for questioning. "The airline has informed the authority concerned of the same for further necessary action and has offered full cooperation as required", the spokesperson said in a statement, according to PTI.
- Film stars, friends and family remember Paddington Bear author Michael Bond
- International Monetary Fund upgrades Korea's economic growth outlook
- Top Pak Army man says India sabotaging CPEC
- Jason Aldean Initially Thought the Las Vegas Shooting Was a Blown Speaker
- Bombardier vend 12 avions CS300 à Egyptair
- United Nations criticizes 'inhuman' European Union policy on migrants in Libya
- Female Dem says at least two current members engaged in sexual harassment
- Traders Secrets on Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY), Gulfport Energy Corporation (GPOR)
- Jerry Jones won't stop fighting owners in Roger Goodell talks
- Dublin rent prices up 12 per cent as rates soar to a new all-time high