Earlier Tuesday, injured starting goalie Carey Price (lower-body) told the media that he expects to be back in the lineup soon.
Price met with reporters Tuesday before Montreal's game against the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets to provide an update on his recovery.
Price nevertheless hinted that the injury is not serious, and that he will benefit from the extra time to heal which Charlie Lindgren's strong play has afforded him.
The Canadiens goalie was injured on November 2 while warming up to play against the Minnesota Wild - a game the Canadiens lost 6-3.
Manana sentenced to 12 months in prison or R100k fine — Newsflash
Manana beat up three women at a restaurant in Fourways in August and pleaded guilty to the crime after a video went viral. Manana resigned from his Cabinet post in August after widespread public outcry, but remained an ANC MP.
"It's just taking a little bit longer than expected because of the nature of my position", said the all-star goaltender.
Price insisted the injury is minor and that he would "absolutely" be ready to play if the Canadiens were in the playoffs.
Niemi appeared in two games with the Panthers, both in relief of James Reimer, posting an.872 save percentage and a 5.08 goals-against average. "I kind of expected it to be in the two-week range", said Price. He's got a great demeanour about himself and prepares himself well for games.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) Loses "Outperform" Rating
- 3 killed in shooting at Northern California elementary school
- Eagles of Death Metal in Surprise Return to Paris for Massacre Anniversary
- Les transporteurs routiers disent niet au permis à point — Mouvement d'humeur
- Bharti Airtel sells part of Infratel stake
- London house prices slow as United Kingdom sees pick up
- The Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ALXN) Receives $168.83 Average PT from Brokerages
- Silver Alert declared for missing Terre Haute woman
- Fans react to Lord of the Rings TV show announcement
- Gabelli Funds LLC Sells 8790 Shares of Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDTI)