Earlier Tuesday, injured starting goalie Carey Price (lower-body) told the media that he expects to be back in the lineup soon.
Price met with reporters Tuesday before Montreal's game against the visiting Columbus Blue Jackets to provide an update on his recovery.
Price nevertheless hinted that the injury is not serious, and that he will benefit from the extra time to heal which Charlie Lindgren's strong play has afforded him.
The Canadiens goalie was injured on November 2 while warming up to play against the Minnesota Wild - a game the Canadiens lost 6-3.
Gérard Depardieu : C'est 80 000 euros pour sa venue à un festival
Mais avant de recevoir la réponse des organisateurs du festival, Gérard Depardieu s'est rempli la panse dans un restaurant. Gérard Depardieu a encore fait des siennes.
"It's just taking a little bit longer than expected because of the nature of my position", said the all-star goaltender.
Price insisted the injury is minor and that he would "absolutely" be ready to play if the Canadiens were in the playoffs.
Niemi appeared in two games with the Panthers, both in relief of James Reimer, posting an.872 save percentage and a 5.08 goals-against average. "I kind of expected it to be in the two-week range", said Price. He's got a great demeanour about himself and prepares himself well for games.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI) Stake Increased by Amf Pensionsforsakring Ab
- La CGT attend de Nyssen la "transparence" sur l'audiovisuel
- Les transporteurs routiers disent niet au permis à point — Mouvement d'humeur
- The Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (ALXN) Receives $168.83 Average PT from Brokerages
- Gigi Hadid Has Bella By Her Side at Glamour Awards!
- Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE:AVY) Chairman Sells $463738.00 in Stock
- Bharti Airtel sells part of Infratel stake
- Gabelli Funds LLC Sells 8790 Shares of Integrated Device Technology, Inc. (IDTI)
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (NASDAQ:WBA) Loses "Outperform" Rating
- 3 killed in shooting at Northern California elementary school