Though no college hoops clash in November carries even remotely the same importance of a nonconference football contest in September, these games do matter.
Duke received 33 first-place votes. And the Hoosiers had to win only 32 games.
"You've got to guard those guys too".
The Blue Devils are more than really good.
Duke: The Blue Devils return only one player (Allen) who averaged more than three points or 8 minutes last season, and didn't have their second-most important returnee - big man Marques Bolden (strep throat) was on the bench in street clothes.
Merely consider the latest NBA Draft.net big board for next summer's draft.
The Blue Devils have the newest sensation in college basketball in freshman Marvin Bagley III. And four of the five are freshmen. After being rated the top recruit in the 2018 class, Bagley reclassified to the class of 2017, and committed to Duke in August.
The Spartans have a 3-3 record in the Champions Classic, including a 2-0 record at the United Center.
South Korea wants 'new heights' for ASEAN ties amid North Korea threat
The South Korean President also noted there are about 1.5 million Korean tourists who visit the Philippines annually. China insists on peaceful denuclearization of North Korea .
As for the later game in Chicago, Kansas has one All-America candidate guard in Devonte Graham and a second candidate in Mississippi State transfer Malik Newman, who most expected already to be in the National Basketball Association.
The teams met last season in the ACC/Big Ten challenge, with Duke coming out on top 78-69.
That could be said of any of these four teams.
Duke: Plays host to Utah Valley on Saturday night before facing its biggest test of the young season next Tuesday night against No. 2 Michigan State in the Champions Classic in Chicago.
But college basketball is the biggest victor, if only because it is one of the too few times before conference play begins that we get a chance to see the sport's traditional powerhouses square off in the same neutral-court environment where they can face each other come March.
"You can not play Popcorn State and learn anything", Wildcats coach John Calipari said after the weekend's fixtures. "He's a very good player". Or whether everyone but Duke is playing for second.
By midnight tonight, college basketball fans everywhere will have learned much about just how good these teams are now and can become by March.
- Tesco PLC Unconditional clearance of merger with Booker Group PLC
- Colorado State wideout Michael Gallup a semifinalist for Biletnikoff Award
- Lady Gaga Stops Show For Bleeding Fan
- Sterling drops as political concerns multiply
- Jankowski's three points, wild third period leads Flames over Blues
- Meghan Markle & Patrick J. Adams Are Reportedly Leaving Suits After Season 7
- DeWine: Western Union scam victims can get money back
- Reliance Communications bonds, stocks tumble to record lows
- Hardik Pandya explains how IPL and Mumbai Indians changed his life
- Want More Gilmore Girls Episodes? It's 'Definitely Possible,' Show Creator Says