Though no college hoops clash in November carries even remotely the same importance of a nonconference football contest in September, these games do matter.
Duke received 33 first-place votes. And the Hoosiers had to win only 32 games.
"You've got to guard those guys too".
The Blue Devils are more than really good.
Duke: The Blue Devils return only one player (Allen) who averaged more than three points or 8 minutes last season, and didn't have their second-most important returnee - big man Marques Bolden (strep throat) was on the bench in street clothes.
Merely consider the latest NBA Draft.net big board for next summer's draft.
The Blue Devils have the newest sensation in college basketball in freshman Marvin Bagley III. And four of the five are freshmen. After being rated the top recruit in the 2018 class, Bagley reclassified to the class of 2017, and committed to Duke in August.
The Spartans have a 3-3 record in the Champions Classic, including a 2-0 record at the United Center.
Saudis Will Open Aid Deliveries to Some 'Loyal' Yemen Ports
He did not give any reasons for the reopening of the port, which is located in the south of the country - though the coalition greatly controls Aden.
As for the later game in Chicago, Kansas has one All-America candidate guard in Devonte Graham and a second candidate in Mississippi State transfer Malik Newman, who most expected already to be in the National Basketball Association.
The teams met last season in the ACC/Big Ten challenge, with Duke coming out on top 78-69.
That could be said of any of these four teams.
Duke: Plays host to Utah Valley on Saturday night before facing its biggest test of the young season next Tuesday night against No. 2 Michigan State in the Champions Classic in Chicago.
But college basketball is the biggest victor, if only because it is one of the too few times before conference play begins that we get a chance to see the sport's traditional powerhouses square off in the same neutral-court environment where they can face each other come March.
"You can not play Popcorn State and learn anything", Wildcats coach John Calipari said after the weekend's fixtures. "He's a very good player". Or whether everyone but Duke is playing for second.
By midnight tonight, college basketball fans everywhere will have learned much about just how good these teams are now and can become by March.
- South Korea wants 'new heights' for ASEAN ties amid North Korea threat
- Legends Raise Over $70k For Hero Cyclist Fired After Flipping Off Trump
- PlayStation Plus : accès gratuit pendant cinq jours
- Anambra: IPOB denies threat to disrupt poll
- Policemen among 67 killed in Kandahar checkpoints attack
- Sterling drops as political concerns multiply
- Argentine : une passagère au bras long fait arrêter un équipage d'Air France
- Hardik Pandya explains how IPL and Mumbai Indians changed his life
- Meghan Markle & Patrick J. Adams Are Reportedly Leaving Suits After Season 7
- Apparently Prince Harry Broke Royal Protocol On Remembrance Sunday