The Philadelphia area will see two majors coming back their way in the next decade, with the PGA of America set to announce Aronimink Golf Club as host of the 2027 PGA Championship and 2020 KPMG Women's PGA Championship.
Aronimink earned widespread acclaim from golf fans when it hosted Tiger Woods' National tournament in 2010 and 2011 as then-regular host Congressional Country Club was preparing to host the 2011 US Open.
Clorox Company (The) (CLX) Raised to "Outperform" at Consumer Edge
Finally, Pinnacle Wealth Management Advisory Group LLC lifted its stake in Clorox Company (The) by 5.9% in the first quarter. Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings, Inc. expanded its position by buying 2,535 shares an increase of 0.6% as of 09/30/2017.
The PGA Championship will be the second contested at Aronimink, whose Donald Ross course dates to 1926. The idea of holding national events at the club became more feasible after Aronimink embarked on an extensive course restoration in October of past year. The PGA of America named it as host of the 1993 PGA, but the club pulled out of the agreement in November 1990 when it determined it could not have minorities as part of its membership by the time of the event. The work, which was halted in the spring of this year, will be finished in early 2018. Gary Player won the 1962 PGA at Aronimink, the third of his nine major championships. In 2003, the club hosted the Senior PGA Championship. A formal announcement is expected on Tuesday.
The PGA last week announced that the 2028 PGA Championship and the 2032 Ryder Cup would be held at the Olympic Club in San Francisco. It was also reported that PGA Championship will return to Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville, Ky., in 2024.
- Un SDF découvert mort dans un couloir d'un hôpital — Seine-et-Marne
- Omar Abdullah lashes out at SAS Geelani
- Traders Secrets on Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX), Citizens Financial Group, Inc. (CFG)
- Gabriel Batistuta: Lionel Messi taking my Argentina record annoyed me
- Niger, Benin pay Fed Govt N19 billion for electricity
- Ikea UK sales boom
- Le taureau Tebas revient à la charge, le PSG trinque — Mercato
- Sam Mendes no longer directing Disney's live-action Pinocchio
- Didier Drogba announces the date of his retirement
- Dick's Sporting Goods Inc (DKS) PT Set at $27.00 by Canaccord Genuity