The new device, Apple's first that connects to the internet without being tethered to a smartphone, took the USA mobile giant to 3.9 million shipments in the recent Q3 2017, according to new data from Canalys.
In some ways, Apple's performance was even more impressive because supplies of the new watch were limited, meaning demand was stronger than the number of shipments indicates.
Overall, Canalys believes that Apple was the #1 wearable manufacturer for the quarter including both smartwatches and less-feature-rich smart fitness bands. Apple is now covering 23% of the market share pushing the Chinese company, that was slightly top of the industry for the first time in the previous quarter, Xiaomi to the second place for 21% market share.
Discovering gravitational waves from big black hole crash using pulsars
For instance, black holes merging in the massive M87 galaxy would have a four-million-year window of detection. Pulsars are dense neutron stars that rapidly rotate, emitting electromagnetic signals like clockwork.
Huawei and Samsung were among top five market players with six percent and five percent, respectively. According to Canalys" figures, "other brands' accounted for a dominant 25 percent.
Q3 is generally the year's slowest period for wearable sales since many consumers hold off on large ticket items until the Christmas season. However, the industry was down three percents due to obscure interest in primary fitness bands.
"Strong demand for the LTE-enabled Apple Watch Series 3 has dispelled service providers' doubts about the cellular smartwatch not appealing to customers", said Canalys Analyst Jason Low, in a statement.
At its earnings call, Apple said the Apple Watch grew 50% year-over-year in sales but continued its silence on revealing exact numbers for its wearables.
- Telangana ASI Takes Massage From Woman Home Guard, Video Goes Viral
- Nul en sexe oral, une escort lui tire 2 balles dans la tête — États-Unis
- Andersson ne veut pas entendre parler de Zlatan — Suède
- Ashes digest: Pat Cummins wants to emulate Mitchell Johnson
- Trump Hopes Swift Return of UCLA Players Detained in China
- See David Letterman, Kim Kardashian Read Mean Tweets About Jimmy Kimmel
- Which? Has Warned Retailers About Connected Toys Because of 'Worrying' Security
- Free OTT Bundle Philo Launches
- Dawood Ibrahim's Mumbai Properties Auctioned For Over 11 Crores, Includes Hotel
- Cristiano Ronaldo reportedly plans to leave Real Madrid