The two countries signed and exchanged notes during the bilateral meeting between Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and President Rodrigo Duterte on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
"I want us to strongly move forward the development of a strategic, mutually beneficial relationship", Abe replied, saying he too had noticed a trend of improvement.
He is likely to seek a consensus on maritime security, including an affirmation that territorial disputes in the South China Sea should be resolved peacefully in line with global law.
"With the North Korea situation at an important phase, the role China ought to play is very big", Abe said.
Joseph Yun, the top US nuclear envoy, said last month if North Korea halted nuclear and missile testing for about 60 days, it would be the signal indicating that the USA needs to resume direct talks with Pyongyang, according to The Washington Post.
There may be a way to reverse type 2 diabetes
Cowgill Professor of Medicine and Cellular and Molecular Physiology and an investigator at the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. The link between a very low-calorie diet and the illness was discovered by a team of researchers from Yale University .
The meeting came after Abe met with Chinese President Xi Jinping in Vietnam on Saturday.
Abe is expected to ask Li to take part in a trilateral summit among Japan, China and South Korea that Tokyo aims to hold in Japan by the end of this year, informed sources said.
This year is the 45th anniversary of the normalization of ties between Japan and China, while next year will mark 40 years since the signing of a bilateral peace and friendship treaty.
The two sides should continue to increase exchanges on culture, media and youths, and can also strengthen people-to-people bond through carrying out cooperation on Olympics as China will host the Winter Olympic Games in 2022 and Japan will host the Summer Olympics in 2020, Xi added.
He expressed hope that the two countries will enhance economic dialogues, explore opportunities in inter-connectivity projects within the framework of the Belt and Road Initiative, expand cooperation in finance, environmental protection, energy conservation, and the third-party market, and promote high-quality cooperation between Japan, China and South Korea as well as speed up the process of RCEP negotiations.
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Ces surfeurs ont fait une découverte peu banale: "Mais que fait cet Audi dans la mer?"
- Google Assistant can now broadcast messages through your Google Home devices
- VC firm DFJ's founding partner takes leave amid sexual harassment probe
- Ex-Lebanese PM plans to return home
- The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE:KO) Closes at $46.54, Underpriced by 3.3%
- Coroner to probe Welsh Assembly actions over Carl Sargeant's mental health
- Tottenham's Mousa Dembele savouring special 'vibe' of north London derby
- 'One for the kids': Sydney christens new Ferry McFerryface
- Rally for Meek Mill scheduled for Monday