President Trump personally asked his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping for help in dealing with the three UCLA basketball players arrested for shoplifting in China, The Washington Post reported on Monday.
Neither made any mention of the UCLA players' arrests. The team was in Shanghai to face Georgia Tech in their season opener on November 4.
Xi promised to look into the case and ensure that the players be treated fairly, a USA official told the paper.
President Trump reportedly brought the case up with Xi Jinping during his recent visit to the country.
Wolfenstein 2's remaining season pass story episodes now have release dates
Things kick off on December 14th when The Adventures Of Gunslinger Joe is released, which will take place in Chicago and Space. The final episode, The Deeds of Captain Wilkins, is expected some time in March next year.
A US official speaking to Nakamura on the condition of anonymity said that the case is proceeding towards a resolution with reduced charges in the matter.
Trump was on a two-day state visit to Beijing, part of a five-nation tour of in Asia, three days after UCLA freshmen LiAngelo Ball, Cody Riley and Jalen Hill were arrested for allegedly stealing sunglasses from a Louis Vuitton store. The players did not fly home with the team following UCLA's win over the Yellow Jackets and could be required to stay in Hangzhou for a week or two.
Several experts in Chinese law said charges and accompanying punishment will dependent on the value of the stolen goods.
Hopefully Trump's plea could help with the matters.
Based on China's laws regarding shoplifting, the players could have faced up to 10 years in prison if convicted, according to Yahoo Sports.
- Décès du skieur français David Poisson lors d'un entraînement — Sports
- Traffic lights to be installed to ease congestion at busy M62 junction
- Prélèvement à la source : entrée en vigueur confirmée au 1er janvier 2019
- Missouri AG subpoenas Google in antitrust investigation
- Un contrôleur aérien arrêté pour possession d'arme de destruction massive — Etats-Unis
- Rackspace teamed up with HPE to Offer pay-as-you-go Private Cloud Services
- New India Assurance shares fall over 9 pc in debut trade
- Lovense Remote : des sextoys connectés qui enregistrent ses utilisateurs à leur insu
- Sous le choc, Hélène Ségara sort du silence — Scandale Gilbert Rozon
- BJP launches civic election manifesto in UP, promises free WiFi, 'pink toilets'