Bowl eligibility that was considered a lock when the season began is now tenuous for the Cardinals (5-4, 2-4 Atlantic Coast Conference) after three losses in their past four league games. However, Louisville junior quarterback Lamar Jackson and the Cardinals proved to be too much, as Virginia (6-4, 3-3 ACC) fell to Louisville (6-4, 3-3 ACC) by a score of 38-21.
Jackson, the Heisman Trophy victor, became the first player in NCAA history to post two seasons with 1,000 yards rushing and 3,000 yards passing. Last week's bye provided Louisville an opportunity to refresh, and the immediate goal is reaching the six-win threshold for postseason eligibility as it tries to salvage the remainder of a disappointing fall.
Louisville leads the series 3-2 and has won the past two matchups against the Cavaliers.
A Dae Williams 3-yard TD run a minute into the fourth quarter put the game away.
Sex unlikely to cause cardiac arrest, study finds
There's one silver lining for people who have a cardiac arrest from sex - they're nearly twice as likely to survive, Chugh said. Additionally, 29% of the patients had a positive cardiovascular history and 26% had symptomatic heart failure.
The Syracuse football team hadn't lost by double-digits this season until Saturday's 64-43 loss to Wake Forest. Jackson meanwhile had a host of highlight-worthy plays.
Louisville comes into the game with a dynamic offense that averages 36.8 points per game and a shaky defense that allows 29.8 points per game. Jackson threw for 361 yards and four TDs last season in Charlottesville including the game-winner with 13 seconds left but was not almost as disruptive against Mendenhall's scheme as he was in other games. They rushed Benkert often and held the Cavs to just 63 yards rushing.
Jackson is throwing for an average of 300.3 yards per game and rushing for 117.6 yards per game. Malik Williams had just two carries at Wake Forest after returning from injury but is close to full speed. He sacked Jackson twice a year ago and had a game-high 14 tackles, with three for loss.
- Croatia secure World Cup spot after goalless draw in Greece
- Kentucky small plane crash leaves 4 dead
- Biswa Bangla: Mamata government defends Abhishek Banerjee against Mukul Roy's claims
- Ed Westwick se dit prêt à " collaborer avec la police "
- Le Tribunal suprême ordonne la libération sous caution de Forcadell
- NGT rebukes Delhi Govt for not filing review petition on Odd-Even
- Benzema: Ronaldo more selfish than me; Real Madrid fans can hurt you
- De Blasio honors Flight 587 crash victims at memorial
- Child Fighting For Life After Being Found In Hot Car
- Macron Says France Disagrees with Saudi Arabia on Iran