Warner Bros. Television released a statement regarding the allegations against Kreisberg late Friday: "We have recently been made aware of allegations of misconduct against Andrew Kreisberg", the statement said. "The workplace feels unsafe", one woman told the outlet, while a male writer from one of the series added, "It was an environment in which women - assistants, writers, executives, directors - were all evaluated based on their bodies, not on their work".
Kreisberg, who also is exec producer on CW shows "Arrow", "The Flash" and "DC's Legends of Tomorrow", is alleged by 19 people to have asked for massages from female staff members, made continuous sexual comments, and created an extremely uncomfortable work environment, particularly for female staffers. "But I'm an optimist".
Actors entering politics disastrous: Prakash Raj
Addressing the media in Bengaluru , the actor said, "The actors should not come into politics only because they are popular". Hitting out at politicians, he further said, "In UP, we don't know whether he's a Chief Minister or the Poojari of a temple".
"W$3 hen people commit crimes or harass others, they should always be held accountable - no matter what industry they work in or how much power they wield", she wrote in a statement that was posted on Twitter on Sunday night. I have always tried to conduct myself this way personally, as well. I believe lasting change is possible, and when people are mistreated, they should have a safe forum to speak their trust and always be heard. "I've spoke up about it in the past - publicly and not so publicly - and I'll continue to do so". Sadly, the show and my career are a part of an industry that doesn't always mirror these sentiments. "All of us should, without fear or shame", she charged.
"This is heartbreaking, and at times makes me feel helpless", she continued.
She goes on to say that she will return back to Supergirl this week with the commitment of "being a part of changing the norm by listening when people speak up, and refusing to accept an environment that is anything less than a safe, respectful and collaborative space".
- Incumbent Slovenian president Borut Pahor wins second term
- Sealed Air Corporation (SEE) Stake Lifted by Artemis Investment Management LLP
- Man attacked with hockey stick; crashes vehicle and later dies
- Match nul pour Karim Hafez et l'Egypte au Ghana
- De Blasio honors Flight 587 crash victims at memorial
- Le Venezuela ne se déclarera "jamais" en défaut de paiement, selon Maduro
- Xi lauds Vietnam ties as 'forged in blood'
- Sex unlikely to cause cardiac arrest, study finds
- Packers RB Aaron Jones reportedly has MCL sprain, will undergo MRI Monday
- PM Modi arrives in Philippines today for ASEAN Summit