It appears to show a cop - identified only as LAPD Officer Gaxiola - picking up the small bag while Shields is turned around getting handcuffed.
An internal investigation has been launched by the Los Angeles Police Department after an attorney released body camera footage he said shows an officer planting cocaine in a client's wallet. In the video, after he collects the wallet, he brags about it to the other officers. Levine said his client was not carrying drugs, and he's asking a judge to suppress the evidence.
The man, Ronald Shields, 52, was arrested and charged with possession of cocaine, illegally having a gun in his auto and a hit-and-run vehicle collision, Levine said.
In one of the bodycam videos, LAPD officer Gaxiola picks up Shield's wallet, shows it to Lee who then points to the suspect, indicating that it was his wallet. "He had really no answer".
In a statement after the incident, the LAPD said: "The LAPD takes all allegations of misconduct seriously and, as in all cases, will conduct a thorough investigation to determine whether the alleged actions are supported by reliable evidence".
The allegations and the video footage were first reported on CBS2 Friday, which also verify the pending investigation. The officers who were there that day were asked to testify in a pretrial hearing.
Officer Samuel Lee testified in court he'd found the drugs in Shields' front pocket - marking another diversion from the original story.
Benzema: Ronaldo more selfish than me; Real Madrid fans can hurt you
Benzema has struggled for form at club level this term, scoring just once in nine La Liga and Champions League appearances.
Lee is seen searching the suspect.
He then puts it back down, steps to the street, bends over and picks up a small bag with white powder. "I believe the video shows the drugs were in his right hand and transfers to his left hand".
Officer Gaxiola then motions to another officer and points to Shield's wallet in his hand and appears to place the drugs in the wallet.
"He has a little bag of narco in here", he says in the footage.
Levine has another theory and believes it proves Gaxiola planted the drugs.
The hearing will continue in December.
- South Korea and China will peacefully solve the DPRK issue
- Moto X4 To Launch In India On 13th November
- Des touristes prenant des photos piétinées par des éléphants en Zambie
- ASEAN, Hong Kong ink free trade agreements
- Child Fighting For Life After Being Found In Hot Car
- FFXV's Noctis to be playable in Tekken 7 in 2018
- La Suisse qualifiée pour le Mondial
- Comment Emmanuel Macron va commémorer les attentats du 13-Novembre
- Sex unlikely to cause cardiac arrest, study finds
- France "bis" : une charnière Trinh-Duc - Lesgourgues face aux Blacks