Former World Wrestling Entertainment World Heavyweight Champion Jake Hager has signed with Bellator, the 35-year-old revealed to Ariel Helwani on The MMA Hour.
Bellator MMA continues to sign well-known free agent athletes to its roster, but their most recent signing may come as a surprise to MMA fans around the world.
"We have been working and talking with them [Bellator] through the summer, we started negotiations and whatnot, and it literally got finalized this weekend", Jack explained. A specific date for the first fight hasn't been set, but we'll keep you updated once it's made official.
Before entering professional wrestling, Hager was a standout amateur wrestler at the University of Oklahoma. He would make his debut under the name Jack Swagger in September 2008, appearing for the ECW brand. His WWE run included reigns as ECW champion, WWE US champion, world heavyweight champion, as well as becoming the Money In The Bank ladder match victor at WrestleMania XXVI.
All Blacks, Black Ferns dominate World Rugby player of the year nominations
Compatriot Richie McCaw is the only player to win the award in successive years which he did in 2009 and 2010. Barrett capped another impressive season in the All Blacks number 10 jersey.
According to Swagger, whose 10-year stint with WWE ended in March, he made the jump because he wasn't getting the same things out of the WWE that he could fighting.
He is expected to make his MMA debut in 2018.
Swagger seemed to be excited upon making the announcement, adding, "I'm a little in shock still - a little surreal but I'm very excited about it. It makes sense, right?"
- Ryan Giggs Lands New Job As Youth Director Of Vietnamese Academy
- Moon à Manille : forum de l'Asean et sommets bilatéraux ce lundi
- Décès du skieur français David Poisson lors d'un entraînement — Sports
- Volunteers needed! Knit or crochet a tiny red cap for a baby
- Fernando Torres linked with Rafa Benitez reunion at Newcastle
- Trump si sfoga: "Perché Kim mi chiama vecchio?"
- Ces surfeurs ont fait une découverte peu banale: "Mais que fait cet Audi dans la mer?"
- Wolfenstein 2's remaining season pass story episodes now have release dates
- Bijou Phillips Apologizes to Daniel Franzese After Allegations of Harassment & Shaming
- Multiple air strikes kill 43 in Aleppo