Narendra VaskarIn Navi Mumbai, the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) has retained the hold over the civic body by winning the post of mayor, defeating the Shiv Sena candidate. Apart from this the Shiv Sena also hopes to capitalise on those areas where is a strong Hindu ideology. In the past few weeks, Sena has repeated;y attacked BJP on its policies and also released booklet titled Ghotalebaaz BJP (Scamster BJP) that names BJP leaders and ministers allegedly involved in scams. On November 25 and 26, the Sena chief will also travel to Sangli and Karad in Satara district for public meetings.
The Shiv Sena has chose to field its candidates from 50-75 seats in the Gujarat assembly polls next month, a senior party leader said on Thursday.
Greg Olsen to broadcast National Football League game during Panthers' bye week
I don't think that's going to alter very much. "I've been able to really pick up my workload this week - running around and cutting and kind of getting back into it a little bit on the sides".
A high-level team of the party, led by Gujarati Wing Coordinator and senior municipal corporator from Oshiwara Rajul Patel and another leader Hemraj Shah, is now camping in the neighbouring state to finalise its candidates and political strategy. In a statement to the press, Patel said that "We shall put up candidates in these constituencies, spread mainly between Surat to Ahmedabad, which has a large Maharashtrian-origin population, and even extending to pockets beyond up to Rajkot". "However, Shiv Sena will not enter into any alliance with any party, though the final decision will be taken only by our President Uddhav Thackeray", she added.
In the 1960s, known for its anti-Gujarati plank, the party over the years softened its approach and even rewarded several Gujaratis with top posts including in the party, as municipal corporators, legislators and even in Parliament. The Uddhav Thackeray-led party had contested around 40 seats in the 2012 assembly elections in Gujarat, but failed to open its account in the state where the BJP has been in power for over two decades.
- Kings Rookie De'Aaron Fox hits first career game-winner vs. Sixers
- Apple releases annual diversity report, shares new 'Open' video on inclusion
- Delhi pollution: Breathing is injurious to health
- Lotus Exige Cup 430 arrives - and it costs £100k
- Douchez a vu ses dirigeants — Lens
- AJ Green fined $42000 for brawl in Jacksonville
- China announces major steps to open its financial sector
- Moustakas named AL Comeback Player of the Year
- Nile's Ashes dream shatters with back injury
- Flipkart Launches Billion Capture+ Smartphone With Dual Cameras