A man and his son look as another son is being treated at a malnutrition treatment center in Sanaa, Yemen November 4, 2017.
Lowcock, who visited Yemen late last month, briefed the U.N. Security Council behind closed doors at the request of Sweden.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres spoke with Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir by phone yesterday and received some "indication that they will be examining the reopening of entry points into Yemen", said Cardi.
Council members expressed concern about the "dire humanitarian situation in Yemen" and stressed "the importance of keeping all of Yemen's ports and airports functioning", Italian Ambassador Sebastiano Cardi, who holds the council presidency, told reporters after the meeting.
On Monday, the coalition shut air, land and sea routes into Yemen after Houthi rebels fired a missile at Riyadh. "It will be the largest starvation the world has seen for many decades, with millions of victims", he added. We need to bring down the temperature a bit rather than increasing the level of confrontation.
Manus protest: five charged after Sydney Opera House stunt
She said officers remain at the Opera House, but could not confirm further details. New South Wales Police appeared to thwart an attempt to unfurl a larger banner.
Lowcock said the U.N.'s World Food Programme was feeding seven million people a month in Yemen.
Saudi Arabia has led a military intervention in Yemen since 2015 in support of its internationally recognised government during which more than 8,650 people have been killed.
"Humanitarian access through the ports was inadequate even before the measures that were announced on the 6th November", said Lowcock, adding that there had also been no United Nations flights allowed into Yemen since Monday.
On Tuesday, US ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley had slammed Iran's alleged supply of missile to Yemen, saying: "By providing these types of weapons to the Huthi militias in Yemen, Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps is violating two UN resolutions simultaneously".
He called for "immediate access to all sea ports" for deliveries of fuel, food and other vital supplies - as well as assurances from the coalition that there will be no further disruption.
- Contrôle des chômeurs : 14 % de demandeurs radiés en un an et demi
- Here's how millennials are outsmarting older savers at retirement
- Marine Le Pen Reportedly Loses Immunity Over Daesh Pictures on Twitter ... Again
- USA resumes limited visa services in Turkey
- New Relic, Inc. (NYSE:NEWR) Research Coverage Started at Needham & Company LLC
- Les négociations reprennent, sans percée en vue
- Chicago Mayor Walks Out On Chance The Rapper During City Council Meeting
- 314 professeur.es n'enseigneront plus que "le masculin l'emporte sur le féminin"
- PETA Germany Heats Up the UN Climate Change Conference
- One dead, 5 injured including DIG Hamid Shaikil injured in Quetta blast