Top scorer Dawid Malan boosted his Test claims as England struggled to 278/8 on the opening day of their four-day tour match against a Cricket Australia XI in Adelaide on Wednesday.
First-change Ball was bowling round the wicket as he fell to the ground, and was unable to resume in his fifth over - walking gingerly off the pitch for further treatment from England physio Craig de Weymarn.
And Stoneman says there are plenty of lessons to be learned.
"Some of the dismissals we had today were a touch on the sloppy side, so it was a little bit frustrating more than anything that we didn't kick on and probably have a couple of hundreds out there today".
'Never knew there were so many countries', Trump tells dignitaries in Japan
They could've tried, but it's likely that any attempt to shoot down the missiles would have failed. Japan had a $69 billion trade surplus with the United States past year , according to the U.S.
England will have another tour match in the northeastern city of Townsville next week.
"Everyone got a bit of time in the middle, so that was encouraging - but we also need to be scoring hundreds, big hundreds".
Stoneman weighed in with 61 to continue his impressive early form and the 30-year-old shared a 70-run stand with Root after James Vince, again batting at No3, had become Fallins's first victim having amassed 33.
Ball bowled just four balls of his fourth over before he limped off Adelaide Oval, where the tourists are playing a pink ball match in preparation for the five-test series, which begins at the Gabba in Brisbane on 23 November.
- FTSE 100 companies 'on course' to meet gender diversity target
- Jake Ball suffers injury in Ashes warm-up, England's woes mount
- Chicago Mayor Walks Out On Chance The Rapper During City Council Meeting
- Buick Expands Avenir Sub-Brand With LaCrosse Avenir
- Contrôle des chômeurs : 14 % de demandeurs radiés en un an et demi
- More than 2.4 million names to be sent to Mars in 2018
- Here's how millennials are outsmarting older savers at retirement
- One dead, 5 injured including DIG Hamid Shaikil injured in Quetta blast
- New Relic, Inc. (NYSE:NEWR) Research Coverage Started at Needham & Company LLC
- 'Fuller House' star Bob Saget announces engagement to girlfriend Kelly Rizzo