"Our goal is very simple", Pence told Fox News. "I believe in prayer and I know that at this moment of such heartbreak and loss in that community that what most Americans are most able to do is pray for those families".
Vice President Mike Pence is heading to suburban Indianapolis in trying to build support for the Republican-led tax overhaul plan. Officials say 26 people were killed in the attack.
Representative Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) walked out on a moment of silence in Congress earlier this week while other representatives paid respect to the Texas shooting victims.
Benigno Aquino faces jail over botched Philippines raid that killed 44 commandos
This after the anti-graft agency junked Aquino's motion to overturn his indictment last September, clearing the way for the filing of criminal information against him.
From there, the Pences will head to Floresville High School, where they will meet with the families of the victims and participate in a prayer vigil.
The last time the former IN governor visited Indianapolis was for the Indianapolis Colts game on October 6.
- Nine students killed as truck crushes them
- The ConocoPhillips (COP) Upgrade at Goldman Sachs Group Inc
- Messi denies having a say in Argentina team selection
- Twitter's new 280-character limit is now live for everyone
- Ford signs China EV partnership deal with Zotye
- Oppenheimer Believes Match Group Inc (NASDAQ: MTCH) Still Has Room to Grow
- Universal's "Monsterverse" in Peril as Top Producers Exit
- Louis Weather Conditions and Forecast, November 6, 2017
- The Queen's Offshore Investments Spark Controversy in Britain
- SARS Tax Administration and Governance inquiry to be launched soon