For his efforts, Jackson was named a semifinalist for the Davey O'Brien Award on Tuesday. The Big 12 and Pac-12 lead the way with four apiece. He is a true dual-threat QB who leads the Tide in rushing attempts (98) and is second in rushing yards (616).
The Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award is presented annually to the best college quarterback, and is the nation's oldest and most prestigious national quarterback award. His 68.3 completion percentage is the fourth-highest in the country.
Falk is the Pac-12 and WSU record holder for passing yards, total offense (13,453), plays (2,171), completions (1,327), attempts (1,931) and 300-yard games (28).
Others in contention for the Davey O'Brien Award include, in alphabetical order: J.T. Barrett (Ohio State), Jake Browning (Washington), Kelly Bryant (Clemson), Sam Darnold (USC), Luke Falk (Washington State), Riley Ferguson (Memphis), Nick Fitzgerald (Mississippi State), Will Grier (West Virginia), Kenny Hill (TCU), Jalen Hurts (Alabama), Lamar Jackson (Louisville), Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma), Trace McSorley (Penn State), McKenzie Milton (UCF) and Mason Rudolph (Oklahoma State). Hurts has compiled 2,022 total yards through the first nine games of the season with 17 TDs and just one interception.
Updates On Red Dead Redemption 2
The only thing they said about the PC version of the game is, "The great news is that the PC market is vibrant for us". It's a predominantly digital market, which also removes friction in terms of ongoing engagement with a consumer.
Fan voting for the O'Brien Award will run from Nov. 7 to Nov. 19, while fan voting for the Burlsworth Trophy will be open from Tuesday until Nov. 12.
Falk, a 6-foot-4, 223-pound senior from Logan, Utah, is a three-year starter for the 19th-ranked Cougars, who 8-2 and still in the running for a Pac-12 North title.
In conjunction with ESPN, the Davey O'Brien Foundation and the Selection Committee will release the names of the three finalists on Monday, Nov. 20. The game will be televised live on ESPN2 beginning at 8:15 p.m. (MST).
- Plane's engine bursts into flames as it lands at Seattle airport
- Time Warner -2.5% as AT&T deal timing 'now uncertain'
- Nine students killed as truck crushes them
- Twitter's new 280-character limit is now live for everyone
- Caitlyn Jenner will appear on this week's Late Late
- Drake to Bring Back British Drama 'Top Boy' on Netflix
- Yahoo's Mayer points to Russians in data-breach apology
- Universal's "Monsterverse" in Peril as Top Producers Exit
- Electric Lamborghini Terzo Millennio unveiled
- Ford signs China EV partnership deal with Zotye