Weeks after Union railway minister Piyush Goyal drew flak for suggesting that job cuts in India and the resulting unemployment was a "very good sign", Union information technology minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, on Tuesday, went a step further to mock people who lost their jobs after Prime Minister Narendra Modi unleashed his demonetisation initiative on November 8, 2016.
The minister said that the biggest benefit of demonetisation is the "effort to make India an honest country". "Prostitution, too, has declined, he said.Replying to a barrage of questions on Only those who were not able to enhance their skills with time lost their naukri". In fact, digitalisation created new job avenues, he argued , As Reported By TOI.
In July this year, among reports of job loss, Prasad claimed that 20-25 lakh additional IT jobs would be created over the next four to five years and the growth of country's digital economy would add to it.
Fickou forfait contre les Blacks, l'hécatombe continue — XV de France
Mardi, le Toulousain a dû stopper l'entraînement, victime d'une douleur à une cuisse, en fin d'accélération. C'est le centre du Racing 92, Henry Chavancy , qui a été appelé pour le remplacé.
"Under the Mudra scheme, we gave loans worth Rs 4 lakh crore to 8 crore people", Prasad said.
Prasad said that according to NASSCOM, around 6 lakh jobs were created during the tenure of the BJP at the centre. The borrowers included small traders, persons from minority communities including scheduled castes and scheduled tribes; if each of the borrowers had employed at least one person, "4 crore jobs were created automatically", the IT minister was quoted as saying by Times of India. An ex-executive of TCS said that in the last two years alone, 2 lakh people got jobs.
- Phil Murphy Wins New Jersey Race, Exit Polls Says
- Real Madrid eyes Juan Mata
- Laura Flessel invite les fédérations sportives à faire chanter la Marseillaise
- Hands-on review — Foxtel Now Box
- Coupe de la Ligue : Tirage des 8èmes en direct à 12H15
- Netanyahu signals Gaza militant bodies to be bargaining chips
- Ohioans to Vote Tomorrow on Victims Rights, Drug Prices and More
- Mariah Carey aurait subi une chirurgie gastrique afin de perdre du poids
- Belfast falls 5 places in UK's best cities index
- Naby Keita denied early Liverpool transfer