"Netflix has a freakish aversion to supporting theatrical films, They have this mindless policy of everything having to be simultaneously streamed and released, which is obviously an untenable model for theatrical presentation".
Read the full interview with Nolan here, and listen to our interview with Netflix's Sarandos on the future of film below.
"I think the investment that Netflix is putting into interesting filmmakers and interesting projects would be more admirable if it weren't being used as some kind of weird leverage against shutting down theaters", he continued. "I said what I believe, but I was undiplomatic in the way I expressed it".
Christopher Nolan focused on "physical jeopardy" rather than horror to differentiate Dunkirk from Saving Private Ryan. "It's so pointless. I don't really get it".
Twitter's new 280-character limit is now live for everyone
Following a month of testing, Twitter killed off the 140-character limit that launched with the service more than 10 years ago. As such, users who speak and tweet in these aforementioned languages will not get the new 280 character limit.
Nolan's comments caught ire from those at Netflix, including CEO Reed Hastings, who spoke about the issue with Peter Kafka during Recode's CodeCon. "There's very little cross between going to the cinema and watching what they watch on Netflix".
Director Christopher Nolan revealed that he wrote Netflix's chief content officer Ted Sarandos an apology after calling Netflix's movie strategy "mindless", in an interview with Variety. Purpose, what if there's no movie theater in your neighborhood?
Nolan explained that while he stands by his stance on the company and its business plan regarding the simultaneous release of films in theater and on the streaming platform, he admitted he could have been more diplomatic.
Netflix will release 80 new movies in 2018.
Speaking of streaming movies, you can stream Nolan's excellent film Dunkirk when its released on digital HD on December 12, 2017. As a result, Netflix has been blacklisted from releasing its films in most major theater chains.
- Chris Hemsworth Passes the 'Thor' Torch to His Mini-Me Son!
- Oppenheimer Believes Match Group Inc (NASDAQ: MTCH) Still Has Room to Grow
- Benigno Aquino faces jail over botched Philippines raid that killed 44 commandos
- Judge issues gag order in Manafort case
- Messi denies having a say in Argentina team selection
- Xbox One X, le nouveau porte-étendard de Microsoft
- Moyes: I know I've got a point to prove
- The ConocoPhillips (COP) Upgrade at Goldman Sachs Group Inc
- "Nadal sera prêt à temps pour le Masters" — Carlos Moya
- Pence to visit Texas church shooting victims