Two parents are being charged with murder after a 6-year-old child was found dead from malnourishment.
A 6-year-old boy weighing just 17 pounds died Friday after police say the child's father and stepmother starved him and his 7-year-old brother for nearly two years as a form of punishment.
Jerseyville police responded to the Jersey Community Hospital on November 3 after a 6-year-old boy died from extreme malnourishment.
Georgena Roberts was charged with endangering the health of a child in 2005, but the charges were dismissed.
Mumps hits All Blacks camp with Ioane quarantined, Kaino injured
What is it with the All Blacks and mumps? NEW ZEALAND winger Rieko Ioane has been put in quarantine after catching the mumps. The All Blacks have won 10 consecutive tests against France since they lost to them 27-22 at Carisbrook in 2009.
The Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) took custody of the siblings. The boy lived at a home in Jerseyville along with three other siblings and two step-siblings, according to Jerseyville police. Police determined that the deceased six-year old and a seven-year old sibling were deprived of food as a form of punishment.
Between December 2015 and Friday, the Robertses "knowingly and intentionally" caused the victim to become "extremely malnourished", according to court documents.
The Roberts are in custody in the Jersey County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bail. The case remains under investigation by the Jerseyville Police Department.
- Snapchat outage sparks deluge of complaints
- Injured midfielder Dele Alli withdraws from England squad
- Salesforce, Google Cloud Platform form integration, global infrastructure partnership
- Jameis Winston on sideline in second half after hard hits by Saints
- (NASDAQ:CY) Stock Rating Lowered by BidaskClub
- Women's soccer returns to NCAA Division III championship
- Netflix Cuts All Ties with Kevin Spacey
- Trudeau's Chief Fundraiser In Middle Of Tax Haven Expose
- Ranveer Singh reacts to THAT Mahira-Ranbir photo
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes