West Ham were thrashed 4-1 at home by Liverpool on Saturday and Bilic was sacked less than 24 hours after his side fell into the Premier League's bottom three thanks to Everton's 3-2 win over Watford.
The Scot's task is to establish the Hammers in mid-table.
His arrival will certainly lift the intensity of training and for good measure he has turned to Stuart Pearce, a former West Ham player he hopes he can persuade to join his coaching staff.
Co-chairmen David Gold and David Sullivan have a track record of mostly standing by their managers, and Sullivan said last month he wanted to honor Bilic's contract, which was due to expire at the end of the season, "unless things are desperate".
"I've always said I want to go back into club management", Moyes said in an interview with TV channel Bein Sports on Sunday, when speculation was rife about Bilic's imminent departure.
'We need the support, we need everybody with us.
'I'm looking forward to seeing them getting right behind the team and my team also.
San Francisco 49ers: Wrist injury knocks safety Jaquiski Tartt out of game
I've told him directly how I feel about everything since the first day we met. "That's very tough on me", Shanahan said. Taylor reportedly suffered the injury on a catch in the first half of of Sunday's loss to the Arizona Cardinals .
"We see this as an exciting opportunity to appoint a quality manager to the position to inject fresh ideas, organisation and enthusiasm into a very talented squad" they added.
Despite the decision to part ways, joint-chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold expressed their admiration for Bilic, and sadness at the club's predicament, a show of respect towards him with their club statement.
The 54-year-old Scotsman arrives with tremendous experience and pedigree, having managed in the Premier League for 14 seasons, with eight of the last nine ending in top eight finishes.
Alan Irvine is also expected to team up again with the former Everton and Manchester United boss, while Chris Woods was the one member of the Bilic backroom team to survive the axe yesterday.
He enjoyed a magnificent eleven-year tenure at Goodison Park, leading the Toffees to the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and an FA Cup final, before being hand-picked by Sir Alex Ferguson as his successor at Manchester United in the summer of 2013'.
- US Walmart shooter charged with murder
- Mammals were nocturnal until dinosaur extinction, then emerged into daylight
- Toulouse : elle confond l'entrée du parking et celle du métro
- Sacked Bilic statistically West Ham's most successful manager
- Kamal Haasan to visit Chennai flood victims on his birthday today
- Greg Hardy Knocks Out Opponent In 32 Seconds In MMA Debut
- Sia tweets out naked photo allegedly being sold online
- Texas Church Shootings: Brady Campaign President on the 'New Normal'
- Federal Bureau of Investigation looking for information on boy's body found on beach
- GST, demonetisation organised loot, legalised plunder: Manmohan Singh