"After the Weinstein material was published we reminded staff again of the procedures", Anne Bulford, the BBC deputy director general, told a committee of MPs on Tuesday.
Bulford said that in 2013-14, there were 80 reported cases of bullying and harassment at the BBC, not all of which were of a sexual nature.
The BBC has registered a sudden increase in complaints of sexual harassment, with 25 alleged cases now under investigation, the pubcaster's No. 2 official said Tuesday. "We have more cases at present than we've seen over the last three years". In the last couple of years the total number of cases has been about 40, she added.
"We've got 25 live cases at the moment, with a range of different issues coming through".
Bandai Namco to increase development for Nintendo Switch
He also stated that all of Bandai's properties could "see product made available for Switch", which certainly opens up a lot of doors.
The deputy director general said: "We have to continue to encourage people to speak".
"People feel more confident about what they can do, where they can go and where the helplines are".
Asked how many staff were now suspended pending an investigation into sexual harassment, the BBC responded: "We can't comment on individuals but treat any allegations seriously and have processes in place for investigating them". He is alleged to have approached women from behind and put his hand underneath their skirt.
Anne Bulford told the House of Commons Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee that the BBC is looking into "25 live cases". We have specialist people on staff to support people who come forward, in investigations or advising them of the options. "That means to make it as easy as possible to do the very hard thing and come forward and call out behaviour that is not acceptable". We have made good progress on the time it takes to investigate complaints.
- Bulls hope for jolt from Portis vs. Raptors
- Nike Making Changes to NBA Jerseys to Address Tearing Issues
- Stranger Things saison 3 : les premières infos sur la suite
- Man, 41, turns himself in after woman shot dead in Hamilton
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCL) Reports Solid Q3 Earnings; Outlook Underwhelms
- Pennsylvania State Police trooper shot during traffic stop
- 'Gossip Girl' Star Ed Westwick Accused of Rape
- The Crown : Découvrez la bande-annonce de la saison 2
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 : futurs DLC, voix japonaises et autres…
- " "La charte des Patriotes de Philippot : " mariage pour tous " garanti