The union should suspend the strike and send students back to class while the vote is being organized, said a release from the Council.
As 12,000 Ontario community college instructors, counsellors, and librarians enter their fourth week of picketing, bargaining continues.
Bad news on the college faculty strike.
Some colleges are asking students to hold off on making plans for their holidays. "We addressed all faculty priorities and the offer that is available for faculty right now - on the table - should have ended this strike".
It is not clear when students will return to classes.
On the same day, JP Hornick, the team chair for the Ontario college faculty bargaining team, said they were interested in what the College Employer Council had to say.
After three weeks away from the table, negotiations had resumed last week at the urging of Advanced Education Minister Deb Matthews, who asked both sides to get a deal done.
Nitish Kumar favours quotas in private sectors for backward classes
But, there must be a debate on this at the national level, he said. "There must be reservation in private sector too", he said. Nitish made the comment while speaking at the weekly programme of "Lok Sambad".
"OPSEU's insistence on continuing the strike is a awful outcome for students and faculty", said the council's bargaining chair, Sonia Del Missier, in a statement.
The council release says the latest offer includes a pay raise, greater rights and job security for contract faculty and a commitment to "enhancing full-time employment opportunities" for contract workers.
Also, talks were underway Monday morning, Bedford said.
The government has agreed to establish a task force on the future of Ontario colleges that will look at various issues, including staffing models and the issue of precarious work.
The colleges final offer had provided for a boost in salary by 7.75 per cent over four years, improvements to benefits, and some contract language giving preference to full-time positions.
The college team said that organizing a vote through the Ontario Labour Board would take between five and 10 days and called on OPSEU to halt the strike during that period.
- Charity worker faces longer jail term in Iran after United Kingdom minister's gaffe
- Dolphins' Gase Relaxed Anthem Rule
- Ezekiel Elliott's lawyers trying to settle case with NFL
- Safaricom dealers ask NASA to leave politics out of the economy
- Chelsea - Le directeur technique des Blues quitte le navire
- Trump turning Brits off USA holidays
- Banco Santander-Chile (BSAC) Receiving Somewhat Favorable Media Coverage, Report Shows
- INTC) — Intel Corporation (NASDAQ
- Perigord black truffle grown in Monmouthshire
- Padmavati: Here's why Ranveer Singh is VERY SCARED!