The union should suspend the strike and send students back to class while the vote is being organized, said a release from the Council.
As 12,000 Ontario community college instructors, counsellors, and librarians enter their fourth week of picketing, bargaining continues.
Bad news on the college faculty strike.
Some colleges are asking students to hold off on making plans for their holidays. "We addressed all faculty priorities and the offer that is available for faculty right now - on the table - should have ended this strike".
It is not clear when students will return to classes.
On the same day, JP Hornick, the team chair for the Ontario college faculty bargaining team, said they were interested in what the College Employer Council had to say.
After three weeks away from the table, negotiations had resumed last week at the urging of Advanced Education Minister Deb Matthews, who asked both sides to get a deal done.
Dolphins' Gase Relaxed Anthem Rule
Stills, Thomas , and Thomas have remained in the locker room during the anthem for each game since the team applied the rule. The players, however, told Gase they felt waiting in the tunnel was interfering with their game preparation.
"OPSEU's insistence on continuing the strike is a awful outcome for students and faculty", said the council's bargaining chair, Sonia Del Missier, in a statement.
The council release says the latest offer includes a pay raise, greater rights and job security for contract faculty and a commitment to "enhancing full-time employment opportunities" for contract workers.
Also, talks were underway Monday morning, Bedford said.
The government has agreed to establish a task force on the future of Ontario colleges that will look at various issues, including staffing models and the issue of precarious work.
The colleges final offer had provided for a boost in salary by 7.75 per cent over four years, improvements to benefits, and some contract language giving preference to full-time positions.
The college team said that organizing a vote through the Ontario Labour Board would take between five and 10 days and called on OPSEU to halt the strike during that period.
- Facebook messenger now lets you transfer money to friends
- Robert Knight dead: Original 'Everlasting Love' singer was 72
- Arsene Wenger sends wrong message by benching Alexandre Lacazette
- Mahrez: Barcelona made failed move for winger, says Monchi
- Ezekiel Elliott's lawyers trying to settle case with NFL
- Chelsea - Le directeur technique des Blues quitte le navire
- Nitish Kumar favours quotas in private sectors for backward classes
- Don't Watch: Final Trailer for James Foley's 'Fifty Shades Freed' Sequel
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Le plus grand exercice aérien de l'histoire d'Israël — Blue Flag