The merchants however said they did not have any figures to show business has gone down since the boycott was announced but they warned of tough times ahead.
Mr Odinga is expected to migrate at 4pm as he visits an Airtel store on Koinange Street accompanied by a host of Nasa MPs, according to Nasa CEO Norman Magaya. "Already, there are too many of us Kenyans who are unemployed", he said.
NASA has singled out the telecommunication firm as well as Brookside Dairies and Bidoc Oil Refineries as some of the firms whose products should be given a wide berth by the Opposition supporters.
Safaricom Dealers Association has condemned the boycott called by NASA leaders, terming it as bad politics that hamper the economy.
"We will resist the products of these companies because they are beneficiaries of the regime that killed people in this country", said Suna East MP Junet Mohamed.
Jerim Ouko, a director in the organisation, said there are more than 400 dealers and 400 M-Pesa agents giving businesses to more than 250, 000 small outlets countrwide.
James Comey unveils new Twitter handle
Former FBI Director James Comey personalized his Twitter account on Monday, dropping the pseudonym he had used to keep it secret. Comey recieved attention last month for sending out tweets of a trip to Iowa under the cryptic former handle.
Safaricom dealers have told off the Opposition coalition NASA for calling for a the boycott of giant telecommunication firm's products and services.
"These are your brothers and sisters".
"We are also treating that as an allegation and we leave it at that since can't confirm that Safaricom was involved or not, : said Mrs Esther Muchemi, the chairperson of the dealers".
Nasa is still claiming fraud in the election, which was shunned by its supporters.
Muchemi urged Kenyans to "sober up" and learn to draw the line between politics and business.
"We don't want to engage from a political perspective".
- Claude Makelele Leaves Role At Swansea To Become KAS Eupen Manager
- Mahrez: Barcelona made failed move for winger, says Monchi
- Valerie Plante defeats Denis Coderre to become Montreal's first female mayor
- Hockey India announces cash awards for Asia Cup-winning women's team
- Porsche Design Arrives In Australia
- Guardian: Ofcom Ruling Interpreted as Setback to Fox Sky Takeover Bid
- Kate Upton Marries World Series Champ Justin Verlander
- LSE says followed 'proper governance process' for CEO succession
- "Hollande s'est complètement trompé sur Macron" — Vincent Feltesse
- Father kills 14-year-old son for being gay