A man drove his auto into the playing area and on to the pitch during a Ranji Trophy 2017-18 game on Friday (November 3), forcing a lengthy interruption to the match, and later claimed he had lost his way.
A Ranji Trophy match had to be halted because a man drove his vehicle on to the field of play in New Delhi. The report also stated that the driver deliberately ignored attempts from players and umpires to stop him from driving on the field of play.
NHS patients to get faster access to 'breakthrough' medicines
The Government also announced £86m of funding to be directed towards helping SMEs adopt digital platforms and encourage the uptake of medical technologies.
One can also confirm that several worldwide players like Gautam Gambhir, Ishant Sharma and Rishabh Pant were present on the ground when the incident took place. Later, the match referee took a good look at the pitch and then only allowed the play to resume.
The match was earlier scheduled to play at Feroz Shah Kotla but was shifted here as the Kotla ground was engaged for the first India-New Zealand Twenty20 global on Wednesday.
Uttar Pradesh now lead by 246 runs and have three wickets in hand to add to that total. Much of the match featured Assam players employing time-wasting tactics such as stopping their run ups frequently to tend to apparent injuries. With the match in Palam having to be stopped due to the vehicle, they could be robbed of another chance of securing an outright win.
- Apple says 'tears of joy' face is the most-used emoji
- Auburn Athletic Director Jay Jacobs To Step Down By June 2018
- Rich Hill intentionally gave Dodgers fans more time to boo Yuli Gurriel
- Alabama freshman QB arrested for DUI
- Destiny 2 Xur Items and Location for November 3
- 6 dead after motorist drives onto NY bike path
- Astounding Stocks:- Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (NASDAQ:WBA)
- House GOP Uses Steph Curry to Sell Its Tax Cut
- Isner wins to keep Tour finals hopes alive
- Facebook now lets you make two-option polls with GIFs and photos