Brighton extended their unbeaten run to four matches with victory at Swansea City, who slipped into the relegation zone with a fifth defeat from six home Premier League games this season.
Bournemouth's late victor at Newcastle United meant Swansea will head into the global break in the relegation zone and Clement admits their current level is not good enough.
Brighton initially seemed to struggle with the step up as they lost three of their first five games, but just one defeat in the subsequent five suggested Chris Hughton's side had settled.
"I'm very conscious of making sure that everybody around here is very level-headed about what we've done", the former Ireland global told The Argus.
Clarke scores four as Sheffield United win to go second
For an hour, the Tigers were firmly in this game but, eventually, class told as the Blades replaced Cardiff City in second place. Hull couldn't clear their lines, and the 32-year-old was able to get his fourth of the afternoon with two minutes left.
"Overall the performance wasn't at the level required to get a point, never mind a win".
The Seagulls are now chasing back-to-back away wins in the top flight for the first time since 1981, while in Glenn Murray they have a striker in form, as he has netted three goals in his last two games.
Having been booed off at half-time, the Swans at least mustered a handful chances after the interval, with Tammy Abraham having one shot well saved by Mat Ryan and substitute Luciano Narsingh hitting the crossbar.
"At this moment we have a lot of players available and plenty of competition for places but we have learnt very quickly what it takes to compete in this division and if you aren't able to play at the levels that we have been playing at, it's very easy to get beat". I think we learned a fair bit from the West Ham game and fortunately we were able to bring that into today.
- Marché de Noël supprimé : les forains menacent de "bloquer" Paris
- What Analysts say About Glu Mobile Inc (GLUU)?
- Banco Bradesco SA (ADR) (BBD) EPS Estimated At $
- HC seeks report on dengue outbreak
- Rahul Gandhi has no idea of GST: Arun Jaitley
- The Kinross Gold Corp. (KGC) Rating Reiterated by Citigroup Inc
- Kenya election law amendment takes effect
- United States urges Myanmar to ensure safe environment for return of Rohingya Muslims
- Mawer Investment Management Ltd. Boosts Stake in Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM)
- Milan, il sorriso di Montella: "A Napoli sarò ancora io l'allenatore"