Abuja - At last, Col Sambo Dasuki (rtd), former National Security Adviser during the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, has given evidence at the ongoing trial of former National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Chief Olisa Metuh.
He however insisted that he is not aware of the relationship between Metuh, his company, Destra Investment Ltd, and the ONSA.
When confronted with documents he signed authorising payment to Metuh and Destra Investment Limited, Dasuki said it is a photocopied document by the Prosecution, who is desperate to secure the conviction and he can not authenticate the said document without making reference to his own documents.
In a short ruling before the commencement of the proceedings today, Justice Abang dismissed Metuh's application to suspend trial to allow Dasuki to have access to his personal documents to enable him refresh his memory.
Led in evidence by Metuh's lawyer, Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), Dasuki was asked if he knew what it meant to say 'due process was followed as contained in the document reflecting the payment of N400m to the defendants, he said he understood the statement to imply that all laid down procedures were complied with.
Dasuki said: "These are simply documents from a prosecution desperate to get a conviction that is why I insist on referring to my own records".
Yum! Brands, Inc. (YUM) Price Target Raised to $80.00
The firm earned "Outperform" rating on Thursday, May 26 by Bernstein. (NASDAQ:VSAT) on Friday, September 8 with "Hold" rating. Captrust Fincl Advsrs, North Carolina-based fund reported 1,168 shares. 86 funds opened positions while 181 raised stakes.
Under cross-examination, Sylvanus Tahir, counsel to the EFCC, asked if the witness could tell the court his job description as the NSA.
The prosecuting counsel had confronted the witness with exhibits showing the alleged transactions, but Dasuki insisted on conferring with his records.
But the former head of state, whose wife and other close family members are facing claims of graft, is not thought to have been questioned. Dasuki, referred the counsel to the office of the NSA for details. "To the best of my knowledge". He adds that it will be useful for the Prosecution to read the act establishing the office of the National Security Adviser.
Asked again to read out the goal of the payment as contained in the "e-payment mandate", Dasuki said, "the objective of payment: is for security services".
Justice Abang has adjourned further trial to December 4, 5, 6 and 12.
- Milo Ventimiglia Will Play Jennifer Lopez's Boyfriend in Her New Movie
- NYC terrorism suspect once lived in Cuyahoga Falls, records show
- The Cypress Semiconductor Corp. (CY) Short Interest Down 8.3% in September
- Heart stents fail to ease chest pain
- Ameren Corporation (AEE) Shares Bought by APG Asset Management NV
- Hope US can 'help, not cause problems' in South China Sea - China
- Woman wins 2 lottery prizes on same day
- Insider MIDDLETON SEAN sold 32 Shares Of Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (CTSH)
- Market calm knocks TP Icap as finance chief quits
- Intuitive Surgical Inc (NASDAQ:ISRG) Institutional Investor Positioning