According to FanRag Sports' Jon Heyman, the Mets are picking up their $8.5 million team option on Cabrera. Cabrera has batted.280/.343/.455 with 37 home runs over the last two seasons in NY and started over 30 games at shortstop, second and third base in 2017.
Cabrera, 31, hit.280 with 14 home runs and 59 RBIs this past season. "The season didn't end the way we wanted but that didn't stop him from playing hard right to the very last out of the season". Injuries and the emergence of rookie shortstop Amed Rosario forced the Mets to move Cabrera from shortstop to second base and finally over to third base.
Kelly Oubre Jr makes NSFW fashion statement
According to ESPN's Brian Windhorst, the National Basketball Association is planning to review Oubre's decision to wear the coat. McGregor wore a similar suit jacket earlier this summer leading up to his fight against Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Cabrera had asked for a trade in June, when the Mets refused to meet his request to pick up his team option in exchange for his moving from shortstop to second base.
The club still has quite a few questions to resolve as they head into the offseason - namely, what to do with David Wright and where to stash Cabrera on a long-term basis. He would receive a $1 million buyout if the Mets let him go. He appeared in 135 games.
- Joseph's takes top marks in patient safety
- Trump calls China trade deficit 'horrible' ahead of Asia visit
- Un "commando" revendique les trois attaques au marteau — Dijon
- Razer Phone: An Android smartphone for gamers, from a gaming company
- Ocera Therapeutics (OCRX): Stock to Follow
- Amber Alert issued for boy allegedly abducted by father near Fort Tejon
- Logitech unveils keyboard for virtual reality
- Three drowned, scores rescued off Greece
- EPS for Envision Healthcare Corporation (EVHC) Expected At $0.83
- UCLA's Josh Rosen Ruled Out for Saturday's Clash