Nehra was clearly not the most gifted bowlers that India has ever produced and neither do numbers tell the story of his start-stop worldwide career since Nehra's career was not at all as straightforward as Nehra ji. Except for skipper Kane Williamson (28, 24b, 1×4, 1×6), Tom Latham (39, 36b, 3×4, 1×6) and Mitchell Santner (27 n o, 14b, 2×4, 2×6), none of the others looked equipped enough to challenge the Indian pacers and spinners.
Having endured much pain in his 18-year-long injury-littered yet successful career, Ashish Nehra said Wednesday that his body will be at peace as he bid adieu to global career here. "One thing which will definitely be at peace will be my body", said Nehra, who returned a tidy 0-29 from his four overs as India took a 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
Ashish Nehra, in his final speech after the end of his farewell match, said that he felt he could play for more years but the time was right to go away.
"I have played under many different people, but it has been a memorable journey. There was no pressure today".
Selena to receive star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
For the family of Selena Quintanilla, it's an event that is not only deserved but long overdue. She is considered among the most influential Latino artists of all time.
Nehra's father, Diwan Singh said that Ashish will decide about his post-retirement plan very shortly. This was the first and last match of his that I saw live. The rules have changed and so many runs are being scored. India captain Virat Kohli, after the match, praised Nehra for his resilience and said that he had been a great servant of Indian cricket.
Rishabh Pant, his Delhi teammate and the future of Indian cricket, speaking exclusively to Sportswallah, said that he will certainly miss 'Ashu Bhai' on the field but he knows he will always be seeking his guidance. "I was telling Viru also this; he scored so many runs, but people still call him Multan ka Sultan, so you are remembered for a particular moment".
Nehra stopped playing Test cricket many years back but he has no regrets. "He has always been a guiding force for me". There are so many people who asked me if I would have liked to play Test cricket. This will be only for a day, though, it was learnt.
- Twitter policy update to focus on reports of abusive behaviour
- Black Ferns: Is a pay rise on the cards?
- Ocera Therapeutics (OCRX): Stock to Follow
- Just Energy Group Inc (JE) Analysts See $-0.02 EPS
- Amber Alert issued for boy allegedly abducted by father near Fort Tejon
- Une mère française capturée à Raqqa parle de son retour en France (Vidéo) — Daesh
- Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated
- President Trump visits Hawaii ahead of Asia tour
- LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant as youngest ever to score 29000 points
- Foundation Medicine (:FMI) Takes Off in Trading Today - Up by 16.29%