Nehra was clearly not the most gifted bowlers that India has ever produced and neither do numbers tell the story of his start-stop worldwide career since Nehra's career was not at all as straightforward as Nehra ji. Except for skipper Kane Williamson (28, 24b, 1×4, 1×6), Tom Latham (39, 36b, 3×4, 1×6) and Mitchell Santner (27 n o, 14b, 2×4, 2×6), none of the others looked equipped enough to challenge the Indian pacers and spinners.
Having endured much pain in his 18-year-long injury-littered yet successful career, Ashish Nehra said Wednesday that his body will be at peace as he bid adieu to global career here. "One thing which will definitely be at peace will be my body", said Nehra, who returned a tidy 0-29 from his four overs as India took a 1-0 lead in the three-match series.
Ashish Nehra, in his final speech after the end of his farewell match, said that he felt he could play for more years but the time was right to go away.
"I have played under many different people, but it has been a memorable journey. There was no pressure today".
Black Ferns: Is a pay rise on the cards?
New Zealand Rugby General Manager Rugby Neil Sorensen said the two organisations have agreed a Negotiation Protocol which will manage how and when discussions take place.
Nehra's father, Diwan Singh said that Ashish will decide about his post-retirement plan very shortly. This was the first and last match of his that I saw live. The rules have changed and so many runs are being scored. India captain Virat Kohli, after the match, praised Nehra for his resilience and said that he had been a great servant of Indian cricket.
Rishabh Pant, his Delhi teammate and the future of Indian cricket, speaking exclusively to Sportswallah, said that he will certainly miss 'Ashu Bhai' on the field but he knows he will always be seeking his guidance. "I was telling Viru also this; he scored so many runs, but people still call him Multan ka Sultan, so you are remembered for a particular moment".
Nehra stopped playing Test cricket many years back but he has no regrets. "He has always been a guiding force for me". There are so many people who asked me if I would have liked to play Test cricket. This will be only for a day, though, it was learnt.
- Joseph's takes top marks in patient safety
- Ocera Therapeutics (OCRX): Stock to Follow
- Tyrese Gibson's abuse investigation dropped as he reconciles with Dwayne Johnson
- Tough Rugby World Cup 2019 opener for Boks
- LeBron James passes Kobe Bryant as youngest ever to score 29000 points
- Razer Phone: An Android smartphone for gamers, from a gaming company
- Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated
- Twitter policy update to focus on reports of abusive behaviour
- Logitech unveils keyboard for virtual reality
- EPS for Envision Healthcare Corporation (EVHC) Expected At $0.83