The verbal exchanges between close aides to President Muhammadu Buhari and the extension of loot recovery overseas dominate the headlines of Nigerian newspapers on Thursday.The Sun newspaper screamed, reporting that tempers flew on Wednesday before the commencement of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, when the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (HCSF), Mrs. Winifred Oyo-Ita, had heated exchanges with the Chief of Staff to the president, Mr. Abba Kyari.
Afenifere expressed the feeling in a statement made available to the Nigerian Tribune by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yinka Odumakin.
The apex umbrella organisation of Igbo ethnic group, Ohanaeze Ndigbo has expressed anger over failure of President Muhammadu Buhari to appoint one of their stock as the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) even after, according to it, the ruling party zoned it to the region.
The investigation panel recommended Oke's dismissal after looking into the circumstances surrounding the cash haul.
Bientôt la fin des séries S, ES et L — Baccalauréat
Objectif: présenter un bac " moins épais, plus concentré ", dixit Jean-Michel Blanquer, le ministre de l'Éducation nationale. Après la réforme de l'université dévoilée lundi 30 octobre , le gouvernement s'attaque au chantier du baccalauréat.
The EFCC, last Wednesday invited the former NIA boss for questioning in relation to about $43.45 million found in a house allegedly belonging to his wife, Folashade Muhammed in Ikoyi, Lagos.
"We insist that for the perception not to become stronger than the anti-graft war develops strong teeth against the vulnerable and toothless against the sacred cows, the EFCC must invite Lawal as it goes after Oke", Afenifere demanded.
"Now the EFCC has exercised that discretion to invite Oke sparing Lawal who was initially protected by the presidency and defended after he was indicted by the Senate for fraud".
"We restate our declaration in Akure that all those who offend the laws must be treated equally before the law no matter their status or origin", the group charged.
- Despite 'Overwhelming' Evidence Against Actor Danny Masterson, Rape Case Has Stalled
- Amende de 10.000 euros pour un pilote de Royal Air Maroc — France
- Le whisky vendu 8.733 euros le verre était un faux
- Dinosaur-slaying asteroid metal can eradicate cancer, research suggests
- United States trade deficit rose to $43.5 billion in September
- Australia Cockatoos Chew Billion-Dollar Broadband
- Trump Nominee Sam Clovis Withdraws From Consideration for Agriculture Department Post
- Q3 2017 EPS Estimates for Pandora Media, Inc
- GlaxoSmithKline plc's (GSK) Hold Rating Reiterated at Shore Capital
- GST portal glitch: Traders' body demand CBI probe against Infosys, other