A day after Kamal Haasan stated that "Hindu terror is now a reality in India', a defamation case for hurting religious sentiments has been filed againt the Tamil actor in Varanasi".
The case has been filed under several sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) that pertain to defamation, attempt to cause offence, intent to hurt religious feelings and to incite communal disharmony.
Over a post in Twitter, the veteran actor said, "If instilling fear in the name of religion.culture.morality is not terrorizing.then what is it. #justasking". "Just asking", tweeted Prakash Raj. If taking law into hands and lynching people on slightest doubt of cow slaughter is not terrorising. If trolling with abuse, threat.to silence even a slightest voice of dissent is not terrorising.
It's not just actor Kamal Haasan who has been vocal about political issues in recent times.
L'aéroport Montpellier Méditerranée lance un vaste plan d'investissement
Enfin, des annonces d'implantations de nouvelles entreprises sont imminentes et attesteront davantage encore de ce dynamisme. Il proposera un nouveau terminal d'enregistrement de 2500 m² au rez-de-chaussée, pensé pour les low-cost.
The comments of Prakash Raj comes in wake after Kamal wrote in a Tamil magazine that earlier right wing Hindus used to argue but without indulging in violence. "The right wing can not challenge talk of Hindu terrorists because terror has spread into their camp as well", wrote Haasan. But once this tactic failed, they started using muscle power instead of dialogue. They started indulging in violence. After Gauri Lankesh's murder he had said, ' "Gauri's killers may not have been caught yet but what is more distressing is those who celebrated her death". "We may not be able to see Gauri's killers but we can see those who have spewed vitriol", the actor had said.
The ruling BJP described Mr Haasan's remarks as "myopic and brazen" and called him a "wannabe MGR" referring to AIADMK party founder and former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MG Ramachandran.
Kamal Haasan had responded by saying that the effort to turn the whole world into right wing will not succeed.
- Works of art stolen by Nazis to go on show in Germany
- Florida Woman on Horseback Charged With DUI
- Real Madrid Touch Base With Liverpool Over Philippe Coutinho
- Five arrested after police intercept $200m haul of cocaine and ice
- Dave Martinez on Joining Nationals
- Reports on Climate Change Cite Progress, Challenges
- Amende de 10.000 euros pour un pilote de Royal Air Maroc — France
- Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) Holdings Boosted by MUFG Americas Holdings Corp
- Götze fait son grand retour après un an d'absence — Allemagne
- Le premier restaurant naturiste ouvre ses portes à Paris