A day after Kamal Haasan stated that "Hindu terror is now a reality in India', a defamation case for hurting religious sentiments has been filed againt the Tamil actor in Varanasi".
The case has been filed under several sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) that pertain to defamation, attempt to cause offence, intent to hurt religious feelings and to incite communal disharmony.
Over a post in Twitter, the veteran actor said, "If instilling fear in the name of religion.culture.morality is not terrorizing.then what is it. #justasking". "Just asking", tweeted Prakash Raj. If taking law into hands and lynching people on slightest doubt of cow slaughter is not terrorising. If trolling with abuse, threat.to silence even a slightest voice of dissent is not terrorising.
It's not just actor Kamal Haasan who has been vocal about political issues in recent times.
Real Madrid Touch Base With Liverpool Over Philippe Coutinho
According to Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo , officials from Madrid have spoken to Liverpool about Coutinho's situation. It is claimed Madrid would ideally sign Coutinho next summer compared to Barcelona , who want him in the new year.
The comments of Prakash Raj comes in wake after Kamal wrote in a Tamil magazine that earlier right wing Hindus used to argue but without indulging in violence. "The right wing can not challenge talk of Hindu terrorists because terror has spread into their camp as well", wrote Haasan. But once this tactic failed, they started using muscle power instead of dialogue. They started indulging in violence. After Gauri Lankesh's murder he had said, ' "Gauri's killers may not have been caught yet but what is more distressing is those who celebrated her death". "We may not be able to see Gauri's killers but we can see those who have spewed vitriol", the actor had said.
The ruling BJP described Mr Haasan's remarks as "myopic and brazen" and called him a "wannabe MGR" referring to AIADMK party founder and former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MG Ramachandran.
Kamal Haasan had responded by saying that the effort to turn the whole world into right wing will not succeed.
- Works of art stolen by Nazis to go on show in Germany
- Facebook stock up after earnings and revenue beat
- Le premier restaurant naturiste ouvre ses portes à Paris
- Le flop de Filip Dewinter à Molenbeek — "Safari de l'islam"
- Neuf Français sur dix ont une opinion négative de Donald Trump — Sondage
- Bientôt la fin des séries S, ES et L — Baccalauréat
- Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) Holdings Boosted by MUFG Americas Holdings Corp
- La produzione di House of Cards conosceva i problemi di Spacey
- David Walliams Responds To Halloween Costume Backlash
- Trump Nominee Sam Clovis Withdraws From Consideration for Agriculture Department Post