Fresh from his back-to-back wins in the Denmark Open (Premier) and the French Open Super Series tournaments, Srikanth climbed two places from being world number 4 to a career-best ranking of world No. 2 on Thursday. In related news, HS Prannoy has moved up one spot to 11th in the men's singles rankings. Denmark's Viktor Axelsen claims the throne with 77,930 points but it was Kidambi who added a pause to his winnings as the Indian shuttler eliminated the No.1 player in the Denmark Open quarter-finals. Incidentally, after his four Super Series titles this year, Srikanth is heading the ranking for this event. He won the US Open Grand Prix Gold and also reached the semifinals at Paris, where he lost to eventual victor and compatriot Srikanth. A week later, beat world and Olympic champion Chen Long in straight games 22-20, 21-16 to claim the Australia Open Super Series.
The Indian is at the peak of his career right now and we look back at his most important wins.. Not only praises, the 24-year-old ace shuttler has been receiving rewards following his French Open triumph. In the women's rankings, PV Sindhu remains at No 2 and Saina Nehwal at 11th. History was made a week later, when he lifted the French Open by beating Kento Nishimoto 21-14, 21-13. Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, the men's doubles pair who managed a quarterfinal finish at the French Open also gained 4 spots to sit at number 28 in their respective category. Srikanth became the first Indian man ever to win the Indonesia Super Series Premier after he then got the better of Japan's Kazumasa Sakai in the finals.
Kerala Police identify five from Kannur fighting for Islamic State in Syria
Sadanandan was quoted as saying that the police had information that the youth were operating in strife-torn areas of Syria. He has reportedly confessed to having sent at least 40 youth to Syria, Yemen and Afghanistan.
The Cabinet also resolved to give a cash prize of Rs. 15 lakh to badminton chief coach Pullela Gopichand, Rs. 11.25 lakh to Intermediate and elite level coach Sudhakar Reddy and grass roots level coach K. Srikanth. For his successful 2016, Srikanth was the recipient of the Times of India Sports Award (TOISA) for Badminton Player of the Year [People's Choice] earlier this year.
- 2 players off basketball team after Tech self-reports violations
- Weezer, Pixies come together for Summer 2018 tour, to include Utah stop
- These are the world's best airlines
- VMware Buys Its Way Into SD-WAN with VeloCloud Networks Acquisition
- Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Are Officially Back Together
- Over 2600 Indian Sikh yatrees arrive in Lahore
- United States fighter jets launched to escort Russian bombers away from aircraft carrier
- 49ers' Pierre Garcon will go to IR with neck injury
- How have we survived this long without KFC's fried chicken bath bombs?
- Labour suspends veteran MP over 'allegations'