Fresh from his back-to-back wins in the Denmark Open (Premier) and the French Open Super Series tournaments, Srikanth climbed two places from being world number 4 to a career-best ranking of world No. 2 on Thursday. In related news, HS Prannoy has moved up one spot to 11th in the men's singles rankings. Denmark's Viktor Axelsen claims the throne with 77,930 points but it was Kidambi who added a pause to his winnings as the Indian shuttler eliminated the No.1 player in the Denmark Open quarter-finals. Incidentally, after his four Super Series titles this year, Srikanth is heading the ranking for this event. He won the US Open Grand Prix Gold and also reached the semifinals at Paris, where he lost to eventual victor and compatriot Srikanth. A week later, beat world and Olympic champion Chen Long in straight games 22-20, 21-16 to claim the Australia Open Super Series.
The Indian is at the peak of his career right now and we look back at his most important wins.. Not only praises, the 24-year-old ace shuttler has been receiving rewards following his French Open triumph. In the women's rankings, PV Sindhu remains at No 2 and Saina Nehwal at 11th. History was made a week later, when he lifted the French Open by beating Kento Nishimoto 21-14, 21-13. Satwiksairaj Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty, the men's doubles pair who managed a quarterfinal finish at the French Open also gained 4 spots to sit at number 28 in their respective category. Srikanth became the first Indian man ever to win the Indonesia Super Series Premier after he then got the better of Japan's Kazumasa Sakai in the finals.
Calgary weather: snowfall warning issued by Environment Canada
Anyone driving is advised to please closely monitor Environment and Climate Change Canada for the latest updated forecasts. In Osoyoos, that means snow tonight - up to 10 cm by midnight - and a 60-percent chance of more flurries Friday.
The Cabinet also resolved to give a cash prize of Rs. 15 lakh to badminton chief coach Pullela Gopichand, Rs. 11.25 lakh to Intermediate and elite level coach Sudhakar Reddy and grass roots level coach K. Srikanth. For his successful 2016, Srikanth was the recipient of the Times of India Sports Award (TOISA) for Badminton Player of the Year [People's Choice] earlier this year.
- United States fighter jets launched to escort Russian bombers away from aircraft carrier
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Visits Siddhivinayak With Daughter Aaradhya On Her Birthday
- Shorter time to enroll and higher premiums for health insurance
- Hero MotoCorp October sales dip 5% at 6,31105 units
- Files of Al-Qaeda, bin Laden released
- Alexander Ovechkin, Capitals star, creates 'social movement' to support Vladimir Putin
- Facebook confirms hundreds of jobs in Ireland next year
- Adidas and NERD to Release Training Gear Collection
- Corey Feldman Alleges Actor John Grissom Molested Him
- Marseille et Nice craquent en fin de match