According to the Los Angeles Times' Andy McCullough, Hill said the move was his "silent gesture" to condemn Gurriel's racist actions directed at Yu Darvish in Game 3-which have earned him a five-game suspension to begin the 2018 season.
"I told him, 'Hey, you don't have to do that, because you made a comment, and like I'm not that mad, '" Darvish said Tuesday through a translator. "I gave them their time to voice their opinion".
Darvish said Tuesday that he didn't think it was necessary to meet with Gurriel, who contacted the Dodgers and offered to meet with the pitcher in person and apologize. He told USA Today that he didn't "think the punishment really fits the action".
Immediately after the game, Darvish said he was angry. Either way, the Dodgers or their fans don't have to be nice to him. Dodger Rich Hill was up on the mound, and it seemed like he was in no hurry to pitch; as Gurriel stepped into the box for his first at-bat, Hill stepped off the rubber and meandered a bit, notes USA Today. Gurriel has been batting fifth throughout the World Series so it could be another second inning affair.
Un Club Med verra le jour dans Charlevoix
Le Club Med souhaite accueillir ses premiers vacanciers sur le site en décembre 2019. Le projet de Club Med au Massif de Charlevoix sera officialisé ce jeudi après-midi.
The choruses of boos only changed into a raucous cheer when Gurriel fouled out. He flied out to right field to end the inning.
"I made an offensive gesture that was indefensible", he said. "I deeply regret it". That allowed the infielder to continue playing in the World Series, and feel the extended wrath of Dodgers fans. He also will be required to undergo sensitivity training during the offseason.
Darvish would start Wednesday if the Dodgers are able to force a seventh and deciding game at home.
- RenTech's Mercer resigns, sells Breitbart stake to daughters
- Meek Mill facing more jail time for violating his probation - twice
- Discovery Communications -6.9% as subs fall, profits miss
- Bluebird bio, Inc. (NASDAQ:BLUE) Signals Intraday Volatility - Up by 10.71%
- Racist 'Make Edison Great Again' mailer targets Asian school board candidates
- Indonesian captured in Marawi charged with rebellion
- Nioh: Complete Edition debut trailer released
- Destiny 2 Update Rolls Out and Is Super Small
- Run for Unity: Congress ignored Sardar Patel's legacy, says PM Modi
- DOJ: Russian Government Officials Could Be Charged for DNC Hack