Despite an utter lack of qualifications, Rick Perry, the ex-governor, failed meat scholar, and thwarted Dancing with the Stars contestant is now serving as our Secretary of Energy.
Perry - the former Republican governor of Texas and erstwhile presidential candidate - told Todd and VandeHei that a young girl he met in a remote African village uses a fire that emanates toxic smoke to read by. Here in the upside down, Rick Perry is responsible for ensuring safe storage of our nuclear waste and determining energy policy! "I happen to think it's going to play a positive role".
Discovery Communications -6.9% as subs fall, profits miss
Discovery Communications today reported third-quarter earnings which highlighted revenues totaling $1.65 billion, up 6% year over year.
It's unclear whether Perry meant people could prevent sexual assault by literally turning on lights, or whether he thought fossil fuel use in general would prevent sexual assault. "When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts", Perry continued. This stream-of-consciousness response also come after weeks of sexual assault allegations surfaced involving numerous high-profile men, including Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein, NPR head Michael Oreskes, and actor Kevin Spacey, to name a few. Either way, his comment did little to accurately highlight the need for electricity in other countries, and even less to help sexual assault survivors.
- Benneteau en quarts après avoir éliminé Goffin — Paris-Bercy
- Indonesian captured in Marawi charged with rebellion
- GlaxoSmithKline cancer treatment gets FDA breakthrough therapy designation
- The Astros' first baseman is now Boo-li Gurriel
- Meek Mill facing more jail time for violating his probation - twice
- Qualcomm operating income plummets due to Apple dispute
- TripAdvisor Accused Of Removing Tourist Warnings About Mexico Rapes, Blackouts, Injuries
- James Comey trolls Trump in his book's title
- Hamas hands over border crossings to PA
- Simon Grayson speaks out for first time since Sunderland sacking