Residents of Edison, New Jersey received a brazenly racist campaign mailer on Wednesday calling for the deportation of two Asian-American candidates for school board, and promising to "Make Edison Great Again".
"The Chinese and Indians are taking over our town".
The anti-Chinese and anti-Indian campaign calls for the deportation of two Asian school board candidates.
The postcard, which was mailed to residents in Edison, included photos of Jingwei "Jerry" Shi and Falguni Patel with "DEPORT" stamped over their faces. "Cricket fields! Enough is Enough!"
The ads do not identify who paid for them, and are therefore in violation of state election law. "Stop the outsiders! Let's take back our Edison!" Stop the McMansions! Stop the multiple families living in the same house!
Jerry Shi now sits on the Edison township school board, and is running for reelection next week.
GlaxoSmithKline cancer treatment gets FDA breakthrough therapy designation
Drugs that receive breakthrough therapy designation are eligible for all features of FDA's Fast Track Program. It is described by GSK as "an anti B-cell maturation agent (BCMA) monoclonal antibody-drug conjugate".
"Edison has proudly embraced our ethnic, cultural and religious diversity", he said. "Make no mistake, we will do everything we can to expose the shameful people behind this".
Patel, an Indian-American corporate and immigration lawyer, told New Jersey 101.5, "I'm obviously disgusted by it, to say the least". Both mayoral candidates have also denounced the mailers.
The Republican candidate for mayor, Keith Hahn, called for the "faceless cowards" to be exposed.
Almost half of Edison's approximately 102,000 residents are Asian, according the the U.S. Census. According to NJ.com, Edison is New Jersey's most populous suburb, and almost half of the town's 102,000 residents are Asian.
Nearly half of Edison's residents are Asian, whilst 45% of the town are foreign born.
- Qualcomm operating income plummets due to Apple dispute
- Sarah Hyland Says Her 'Modern Family' Character is Bisexual
- SC says Kejriwal govt needs LG's consent to govern Delhi
- Miami firefighters dismissed after noose appears hanging over black colleague's photos
- Germany's Angela Merkel tops Forbes list of most powerful women
- Run for Unity: Congress ignored Sardar Patel's legacy, says PM Modi
- Destiny 2 Update Rolls Out and Is Super Small
- South Africa's Zuma asks court to set aside report on influence-peddling
- TripAdvisor Accused Of Removing Tourist Warnings About Mexico Rapes, Blackouts, Injuries
- Deux acquisitions dans l'énergie — Vinci