As you might already know, the new Pixel 2 smartphones include a little system-on-chip (SoC) - independent of the main SD835 chipset - that's claimed to speed up image processing five times while using a tenth of the power of the main CPU.
Google said Pixel 2 owners would have the option to enable the Pixel Visual Core once the Android 8.1 Developer Preview arrived; however, that landed last week without the promised support. A number of Google Pixel and even Pixel 2 users complained that the installation of the beta update wasn't completing as needed and their phones were reverting back to Android 8.0.
Google released the Android 8.1 Developer Preview a few days back, but users started having issues with the preview installation. If your app uses the camera APIs and you have a Pixel 2 device, you'll be able try an early version of Pixel Visual Core starting in Developer Preview 2, planned for November 2017.
Instagram adds 'right to left' feature for Arab users
In its latest update, Instagram Adds Right-to-left Language Support for three languages including Farsi, Arabic and Hebrew. To change Instagram's display language to Arabic, users go to the settings tab on their profile and select "Languages".
The Android Oreo 8.1 Developer Preview is now available for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL devices, as well as for Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P - but only the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL handsets have the relevant hardware.
We're now into November, so exactly when DP2 will roll out isn't announced yet, but by then we may have more Pixel 2 devices in hands by then.
- Long term Growth Analysis of Celgene Corporation (NASDAQ:CELG)
- Horticultural LED Lighting Market Globally - Hubbell Lighting, Philips, Everlight Electronics and Osram
- Shares now down at $18.42 (CTL) CenturyLink voltooit overname van Level…
- Occidental Petroleum Corporation Earnings & Price Target Update
- Korg Music Production App For Nintendo Switch Coming Next Year
- Feds looking to seize Manafort's Brooklyn brownstone
- Citigroup Keeps Rating And Lowers Price Target On Johnson Controls International (JCI)
- Microsoft is developing new AI chips for devices other than HoloLens
- Damian Green investigated over alleged sexual advances to female Conservative activist
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE:CTB) Buckles Under The Trend Lines