As you might already know, the new Pixel 2 smartphones include a little system-on-chip (SoC) - independent of the main SD835 chipset - that's claimed to speed up image processing five times while using a tenth of the power of the main CPU.
Google said Pixel 2 owners would have the option to enable the Pixel Visual Core once the Android 8.1 Developer Preview arrived; however, that landed last week without the promised support. A number of Google Pixel and even Pixel 2 users complained that the installation of the beta update wasn't completing as needed and their phones were reverting back to Android 8.0.
Google released the Android 8.1 Developer Preview a few days back, but users started having issues with the preview installation. If your app uses the camera APIs and you have a Pixel 2 device, you'll be able try an early version of Pixel Visual Core starting in Developer Preview 2, planned for November 2017.
Haryana government orders teachers to undergo priest training ahead of religious event
State advisor to the Haryana Teachers Association Jaidev Arya called the order a "Tuqhlaki farman" (diktat). Some teachers have reportedly accused the BJP-led government of pursuing a "Hindutva agenda".
The Android Oreo 8.1 Developer Preview is now available for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL devices, as well as for Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P - but only the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL handsets have the relevant hardware.
We're now into November, so exactly when DP2 will roll out isn't announced yet, but by then we may have more Pixel 2 devices in hands by then.
- Voters oppose constitutional convention 57% to 25%
- Citigroup Keeps Rating And Lowers Price Target On Johnson Controls International (JCI)
- Latest Abortion Ban Bill Is Yet Another Attack on Women's Rights
- CBS cancels 'Me, Myself & I'; 'Man With a Plan' plots early return
- Horticultural LED Lighting Market Globally - Hubbell Lighting, Philips, Everlight Electronics and Osram
- Facebook ad revenue tops $10bn
- MSG Networks Inc. (NYSE:MSGN) loses confidence of 29 hedge fund managers
- Prankster Grants Paul Manafort's Brooklyn Brownstone Special and Hilarious Landmark Status
- FM-led panel may direct banks to examine merger proposal
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) Hits New 12-Month High at $225.84