As you might already know, the new Pixel 2 smartphones include a little system-on-chip (SoC) - independent of the main SD835 chipset - that's claimed to speed up image processing five times while using a tenth of the power of the main CPU.
Google said Pixel 2 owners would have the option to enable the Pixel Visual Core once the Android 8.1 Developer Preview arrived; however, that landed last week without the promised support. A number of Google Pixel and even Pixel 2 users complained that the installation of the beta update wasn't completing as needed and their phones were reverting back to Android 8.0.
Google released the Android 8.1 Developer Preview a few days back, but users started having issues with the preview installation. If your app uses the camera APIs and you have a Pixel 2 device, you'll be able try an early version of Pixel Visual Core starting in Developer Preview 2, planned for November 2017.
Facebook ad revenue tops $10bn
EMarketer expects Facebook to have a 17 percent share of the worldwide digital-ad market this year, second only to Google. Some lawmakers have proposed legislation that would require the companies to disclose the source of campaign ads online.
The Android Oreo 8.1 Developer Preview is now available for the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL devices, as well as for Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P - but only the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL handsets have the relevant hardware.
We're now into November, so exactly when DP2 will roll out isn't announced yet, but by then we may have more Pixel 2 devices in hands by then.
- US Senate confirms appointment of Joan Larsen to federal appeals court
- Prankster Grants Paul Manafort's Brooklyn Brownstone Special and Hilarious Landmark Status
- Mortgage applications fall with uptick in rates
- Tesla may overcome Model 3 Gigafactory bottleneck soon
- Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) Hits New 12-Month High at $225.84
- Voters oppose constitutional convention 57% to 25%
- Feds looking to seize Manafort's Brooklyn brownstone
- MSG Networks Inc. (NYSE:MSGN) loses confidence of 29 hedge fund managers
- Shares now down at $18.42 (CTL) CenturyLink voltooit overname van Level…
- You can now stream music right on your Apple Watch