Soon gates, dressing rooms, stands and areas in the stadium will be named after former cricketers.
The plate mentioned Virender Sehwag as the "Only Indian to score a Triple Century in Tests", which is incorrect as Karun Nair scored 303 not out against England in the Chennai Test last December. Nair scored a triple century (303*) against England in Chennai in December a year ago.
While Sehwag is the only one to score two triple hundreds, he is not the only Indian to have scored a triple in Test cricket.
Buffalo Bills trade for Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin
Tight end Charles Clay and running back LeSean McCoy are first and second in both catches and receiving yards for Buffalo. He reunites with Bills head coach Sean McDermott, who was the Panthers' defensive coordinator from 2011-16.
Sehwag also recalled a must-win match against Gujarat at the Kotla during his U-19 days.
Addressing the media at the DDCA event to unveil the gate, Sehwag said naming gates, dressing rooms, stands and areas in the stadium after former cricketers like him would serve as great motivators for aspiring cricketers.
But DDCA did a blunder after forgeting the name of Karnataka cricketer Karun Nair. This is a big day for the players who have represented Delhi. Asked to single out that one moment he wished he was part of in Delhi cricket, Sehwag said it was the Ranji Trophy triumph in 2007-08 when they beat Uttar Pradesh in the final. "By the time these players reach Ranji Trophy, they become very tough mentally and they don't find it hard to get used to the grind", the 39-year-old said, explaining what sets cricketers from Delhi apart.
The Indian team, who was training at the venue, also joined the occasion and congratulated Sehwag. "Full credit to Gautam Gambhir, who was leading the team, and Pradeep Sangwan also played really well I remember". The gate itself contains, among other things, a cut-out of Sehwag, with the line "Legends are forever", and a panel recounting statistics and achievements from his remarkable global career spanning 14 years.
- Watching Shares of JP Morgan Chase & Co (JPM) — Technical Focus
- American Assets Trust, Inc. (NASDAQ:AAT) Expected To Report Earnings On Tuesday
- Julian Savea up for the challenge, but admits it's 'weird' to face the All Blacks
- USDA nominee Clovis was Trump adviser who encouraged Russian Federation meeting
- Lowe's Companies, Inc. (LOW), Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc. (ALSN)
- Nick Cave Latest Target of Bully Roger Waters' Boycott Israel Campaign
- Vyapam Scam: CBI Files Chargesheet, Gives Clean Chit To Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Inc. Has $6.18 Million Stake in Aetna Inc. (AET)
- National Grid plc (NG) Receives Sell Rating from Deutsche Bank AG
- Chelsea : Conte "espère" que Kanté se prêt pour affronter la Roma