Michael Makuei, South Sudan's information minister and government spokesman, for his part, said that "this visit tends to improve the relations between the two countries, particularly that the conditions in the two countries necessitate the two governments to work together to achieve the interests of the people in the two countries".
The governments of Sudan and South Sudan on Monday agreed to jointly work on convincing the global community into writing off their joint foreign debts and to extend the zero option agreement that expires on October 2018.
Meanwhile, the Sudanese finance minister, as the meeting, pledged to provide training and capacity building for staffers from the South Sudan ministry of finance.
At a Monday joint press conference in Khartoum, Sudanese Defense Minister Ahmed Awad ibn Auf said the two countries had agreed to redeploy their forces away from the border to allow for the establishment of a 20-kilometer-wide DMZ.
Somalia: Pope Condemns Militant Attacks, "Killers abuse name of God"
Also on Tuesday, as many as eight people were killed by a suicide bomber in the Afghan capital, Kabul. Pope Francis has admitted that he sometimes nods off while praying, theBBC reports.
In 2011, South Sudan split from Sudan after a referendum the same year in the country.
Khartoum and Juba have agreed to open four of the ten border crossings between the two countries and to activate the joint security arrangements.
South Sudan's President Salva Kiir Mayardit on Wednesday arrived in Khartoum for an official two-day visit to Sudan, that aims at normalizing the bilateral ties.
Since its independence, however, South Sudan has relied on oil for all income-a situation that has significantly compounded ongoing political and economic instability due to the fall in crude oil prices.
- Police probe NY truck attack that killed eight
- More showers tomorrow in Tamil Nadu, 5 dead in rain-related incidents
- La génération 87 "a baissé les bras trop vite"
- Digging Up the Facts on Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (CTSH)
- How to claim your free taco at Taco Bell on Wednesday
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Rising expenses mar Standard Chartered Q3 profit increase
- Civilians Dead from Saudi Airstrike in Yemen, Houthi Rebels Claim
- Two more hawkers arrested for attack on MNS workers
- Parties agree to retain 272 NA seats