The Safety Grade assigns letter grades of A, B, C, D and F to hospitals nationwide based on their performance in preventing medical errors, infections and other harms.
"It takes consistent, unwavering dedication to patients to achieve the highest standards of patient safety". The letter grades are created to provide the most complete picture of patient safety in the U.S.
The Leapfrog Group this week released its safety report card for US hospitals.
Trump says he'll consider sending NYC attacker Sayfullo Saipov to Guantanamo Bay
While few details are known about the shooter involved in the NYC attack on Tuesday, Trump was quick to associate him with ISIS. John McCain (R-Ariz.), pushing for the terror suspect to be sent to Gitmo and be treated as an enemy combatant.
MMC has achieved straight A's by The Leapfrog Group, a nonprofit organization committed to driving quality, safety, and transparency in the USA health care system, and is one of only 59 hospitals nationwide to attain this honor.
Geisinger Medical Center (for its main hospital in Danville); the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania; Lancaster General; Penn State Hershey Medical Center; UPMC Pinnacle (PinnacleHealth System during the period covered by the grades) for these hospitals: UPMC Pinnacle Harrisburg, UPMC Pinnacle Community General, UPMC Pinnacle West Shore, and UPMC Pinnacle Carlisle (formerly Carlisle Regional Health System); Thomas Jefferson University Hospital; and WellSpan Gettysburg Hospital. "By making the Hospital Safety Grades public, we've galvanized major changes in these states and many communities", Leah Binder, the president and CEO of Leapfrog wrote in a blog post, referring to states that have shown great improvement. It is calculated by top patient safety experts, peer reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public. It is administered by The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit hospital safety watchdog. An "A" grade represents the best Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, followed in order by B, C, D and F. "An "A" grade recognizes hospitals for this accomplishment".
- U.S. upholds Cuba embargo in United Nations resolution vote
- Newton man seriously injured during NYC truck attack
- CIA Releases New Osama bin Laden Documents, Including the Terrorist Mastermind's Journal
- Former Windows, Office exec Julie Larson-Green leaves Microsoft
- Fidelity National Financial Inc (FNFV) EPS Estimated At $
- Singapore leads the world in mobile download speeds
- OM : Dimitri Payet forfait pour Guimarães… et ménagé en Bleus ?
- Irish High Court Rejects Appeal Against €850 Million Apple Data Centre
- London taxi jumps curb and hits pedestrians, prompting mass panic
- Oil Search Makes US$400 Million Move into Alaska Oil Assets