This year's awards, celebrating some of the country's most courageous and pioneering people, highlighted the "unsung heroes" of the emergency services in a year blighted by terrorist attacks and devastation wrought by the Grenfell Tower fire.
The duke spoke to Suzie McCash, a five-year-old who saved her mother's life when she called 999, Britain's emergency number, and clearly relayed the woman's condition after her breathing stopped.
During the ceremony, the Duke presented three awards throughout the night.
William bent down to tell Suzie how fearless she'd been and how important her actions were, saying: "I have a four-year-old called George and if I gave him a telephone, I do not know what he would do".
"Do you know what", he continued, "I'm going to have a conversation with my George about what to do because of what you've done-it's really important".
Horizon Global Corporation (HZN) Issues Earnings Results, Hits Expectations
Analysts await Horizon Global Corporation (NASDAQ:HZN) to report earnings on Oct, 31 for the fiscal quarter ending Sep 2017. The company reported $0.84 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $0.67 by $0.17.
William spent a lot of time throughout the night mingling with the many celebs who attended the event, but most importantly, spending lots of time with the award winners of the night who all have incredibly fearless stories. He also added that little Princess Charlotte loves to wear pretty dresses, and so would admire the youngster's outfit for the evening.
William said: "I got to witness first hand the incredible actions and professionalism of our doctors and nurses".
Prince William, second in line to the British throne, has revealed he plans to teach his son an all-important lesson about responding to emergencies, after meeting a young girl honored for her bravery.
'We should all take a moment to understand and appreciate all emergency services personnel and what they achieve in their communities, ' William said in his emotional speech.
- Earnings in Focus on Shares of Restaurant Brands International Inc. (NYSE:QSR)
- Cameroon opposition leader jailed for 25 years
- Putin Spox, Russian Foreign Minister React To Indictments: 'Laughable'
- Listen to 'Vicious', the new EP from Skepta
- Josh Gordon to meet with NFL Wednesday, could be reinstated
- NPR chief hit with sexual assault allegations
- Edwards Lifesciences Corporation (EW) Stake Raised by Eads & Heald Investment Counsel
- Asylum seekers barricaded inside Papua New Guinea camp, await court ruling
- Trump says he wants House to pass tax reform by Thanksgiving
- Samsung's Internet browser launches for all Android devices