This year's awards, celebrating some of the country's most courageous and pioneering people, highlighted the "unsung heroes" of the emergency services in a year blighted by terrorist attacks and devastation wrought by the Grenfell Tower fire.
The duke spoke to Suzie McCash, a five-year-old who saved her mother's life when she called 999, Britain's emergency number, and clearly relayed the woman's condition after her breathing stopped.
During the ceremony, the Duke presented three awards throughout the night.
William bent down to tell Suzie how fearless she'd been and how important her actions were, saying: "I have a four-year-old called George and if I gave him a telephone, I do not know what he would do".
"Do you know what", he continued, "I'm going to have a conversation with my George about what to do because of what you've done-it's really important".
Samsung's Internet browser launches for all Android devices
High Contrast Mode, on the other hand, will show white text with a black background, and is intended as an accessibility feature. If you're on Secret Mode on your browser, this is enabled by default so as to further enhance your privacy.
William spent a lot of time throughout the night mingling with the many celebs who attended the event, but most importantly, spending lots of time with the award winners of the night who all have incredibly fearless stories. He also added that little Princess Charlotte loves to wear pretty dresses, and so would admire the youngster's outfit for the evening.
William said: "I got to witness first hand the incredible actions and professionalism of our doctors and nurses".
Prince William, second in line to the British throne, has revealed he plans to teach his son an all-important lesson about responding to emergencies, after meeting a young girl honored for her bravery.
'We should all take a moment to understand and appreciate all emergency services personnel and what they achieve in their communities, ' William said in his emotional speech.
- Dele Alli had a hard start but will bounce back - Mauricio Pochettino
- Drunk mum killed stranger by shoving him in front of a tram
- (DBD) is unchanged at $20.05 Diebold Nixdorf Reports 2017 Third…
- Trump says he wants House to pass tax reform by Thanksgiving
- Charley Hoffman to donate all Shriners Open winnings to Vegas shooting victims
- Earnings Estimates Revision Trends: TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (AMTD)
- Tottenham-Real pour panser les plaies — Ligue des champions
- Earnings in Focus on Shares of Restaurant Brands International Inc. (NYSE:QSR)
- Jeep shows us the 2018 Wrangler at SEMA
- Horizon Global Corporation (HZN) Issues Earnings Results, Hits Expectations