An open letter also signed by Ronnie Kasrils, anti-apartheid activist and minister in the democratic South African government that succeeded Nelson Mandela's, and eminent poet Breyten Breytenbach, who was jailed by South Africa's apartheid regime, urges the band to reconsider the shows in the light of a recent United Nations report that said "Israel has established an apartheid regime that dominates the Palestinian people".
Domination means Palestinian writers under house arrest. Media centres raided and plundered.
"Like others who've added Tel Aviv to their touring schedule, you may say that you oppose Netanyahu", the continued. The steady expansion of illegal settlements. The signatories, who include British filmmakers Ken Loach, Mike Leigh and Penny Woolcock, tell Nick Cave, 'When global artists of your stature continue to turn up on Israeli stages, the government takes heart; whatever it does, it seems there will be no penalty'. But it matters little whether or not artists endorse Israel's government.
Chris Brown Releases New Album "Heartbreak On A Full Moon"
Kelly , Usher, Gucci Mane and more, " Heartbreak On A Full Moon " marks the R&B singer's first release since 2015's " Royalty ". Chris Brown just dropped a new album and its equal parts trick and treat.
The Waters letter goes on in a scathing manner, questioning whether or not Nick Cave, Thom Yorke, and Bryan Adams (who is scheduled to perform in early December) would choose to play if they were to experience the oppressions that Palestinians are facing.
You stand at a crossroads; you can either heed the cry, respect your brothers' and sisters' picket line and stand with them in their struggle for the basic human rights we all take for granted, or you can turn your backs on them, take the shilling, and entertain their lords and masters at the banquets and balls.
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds had previously been the subject of an open letter from a group of Israeli citizens calling themselves "Boycott!" It remains to be seen whether the efforts will effect the change they hope for.
- Watford's Deeney gets three-match ban for violent conduct
- Loans, liquidity rise at double-digit level
- Cardi B & Offset TV Wedding Special On the Way
- Taking a Look Inside the ERP5 Score For McBride plc (LSE:MCB)
- 'Ask them to leave' Australian minister says of people with Irish accents
- Syrian teenager plotted bomb attack in Germany, police say
- Hutchison picks out one positive from Newcastle display after Burnley loss
- Analyst Research Roundup: GoDaddy Inc. (GDDY), Conagra Brands, Inc. (CAG)
- Les Fantastiques de retour à Rouge FM... sans Éric Salvail
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd (BABA) Analysts See $0.84 EPS