Deccan Chronicle reports that the Srivilliputhur police have arrested the young fan who launched a verbal attack on the prime minister using the social media screen name of Sachin Thiru.
The Srivilliputhur town police arrested Thirumurugan (19), an engineering diploma holder based on the complaint from Marimuthu, BJP, Virudhunagar district secretary.
Thirumurugan was arrested following a complaint by a local BJP functionary after he commented on a Facebook post by his friend which related to Vijay-starrer Tamil film Mersal, they said. "Mersal", starring actor Vijay depicted these in the movie.
Shopify Turns A First-Ever Profit In Q3 As Revenue Surges
Revenue was $171.5 million, above expectations for sales of $166.4 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. The average estimate of 16 analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for a loss of 2 cents per share.
Police booked Thirumurugan under Section 67 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (Punishment for publishing or transmitting obscene material in electronic form) and remanded him to judicial custody after producing him in the magistrate court in Srivilliputhur.
The ongoing tussle between the BJP and Vijay fans started after the BJP leaders took opposed the actor's recently released Mersal for its critical comments on demonetisation and the recently implemented Goods and Service Tax (GST).
"This is a democracy and people have their right to freedom of expression, and this applies to films as well", a division bench comprising Justices MM Sundresh and M Sundar observed dismissing the plea by advocate A Ashvathaman.
- NJ sues drug company amid opioid crisis
- " "Un train à grande vitesse pourrait être baptisé " Anne Frank " — Allemagne
- Insider QUINN JAMES E bought 487 Shares Of Deckers Outdoor Corporation (DECK)
- Senate can make Iran deal stronger
- Billy Connolly is comedy royalty after being knighted at Buckingham Palace
- Google launches $2K Hangout Meet kit, new Google Cloud offerings
- Watford's Deeney gets three-match ban for violent conduct
- Alphabet's (GOOGL) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Piper Jaffray Companies
- Former TDP leader A Revanth Reddy joins Cong
- Au moins six morts — Fusillade à Manhattan