Earlier this year Google announced that it will be shutting down its Gchat platform and replacing it with Hangouts. But software is often only as good as the hardware through which it's delivered, and for high-bandwidth services such as video, this is particularly true.
The hardware kit consists of four pieces: a touchscreen controller, speaker mic, 4K sensor camera, and Asus Chromebox. The ChromeOS mini desktop computer is like the command center and can be used to monitor and manage other devices remotely.
The UHD camera offers a 120-degree field of view, which should "easily" get everyone at the table in the picture, Roberts-Hoffman wrote.
Google designed the speaker-mic to reduce echo and background noise.
According to Google, up to five speaker mics can be "daisy-chained" together with a single wire to help capture sound in particularly large rooms. It uses machine learning technology to intelligently identify different meeting members and crop the camera view to their face.
CommVault Systems, Inc. (CVLT) Receives Average Rating of "Buy" from Analysts
The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website . Following the completion of the transaction, the vice president now owns 74,513 shares in the company, valued at $4,455,877.40.
It's worth noting here that some of the components that constitute the kit can be procured separately, but Google's intention is to make it an easy purchase by bundling everything together.
In other news, the company also announces new cloud networking capabilities including the general availability of Dedicated Interconnect, which allows for a private connection between a customer's datacenter and Google's network.
Additionally, Google announced that Hangouts Meet itself was receiving a few updates. You can also add participants with the dial-a-phone feature and present from a laptop via HDMI.
With the release of this hardware kit, Google is trying to give businesses another reason to make Hangouts Meet their go-to software for meetings and collaboration. Furthermore, the dial-in feature for users who are not on Hangouts is now available in "more than a dozen markets", though the company didn't elaborate on that.
- Shopify Turns A First-Ever Profit In Q3 As Revenue Surges
- Hutchison picks out one positive from Newcastle display after Burnley loss
- Analyst Research Roundup: GoDaddy Inc. (GDDY), Conagra Brands, Inc. (CAG)
- 'Ask them to leave' Australian minister says of people with Irish accents
- NY shooting - multiple people gunned down in lower Manhattan, cops say
- Chris Brown Releases New Album "Heartbreak On A Full Moon"
- Zidane urges calm after Real Madrid rocked at Girona
- Jeb Hensarling, GOP committee chairman, won't seek re-election
- Chandigarh court holds two uncles guilty of rape of 10-year-old
- Cardi B & Offset TV Wedding Special On the Way