FORMER Heath MEC Qedani Mahlangu, on whose watch the botched relocation of former Life Esidimeni psychiatric patients took place, has been subpoenaed to appear before the arbitration hearing in December.
"She indicated that she does not have any problem to appear but was not on the list of witnesses". She was testifying under oath so her accusations must be taken seriously.
Mahlangu's lawyers say she'll be unable to attend until she completes her exams in the coming weeks.
ANC media liaison officer, Motalatale Modiba, said Mahlangu requested leave of absence from her provincial executive committee responsibilities at the end of August to travel overseas for purposes of pursuing her post-graduate studies.
News24 previously reported that the London School of Economics indicates the university only has examinations in January.
Square's full-fledged cash register will cost $999
Soon, instead of swiping and signing an iPad for your coffee, you'll be swiping and signing on these Square Registers . You can also dock the outward facing screen on the stand of Register or detach it, whatever works best.
"Therefore any suggestion that the organisation does not know her whereabouts is incorrect".
Masondo also said that former Health MEC Qedani Mahlangu was instructed to end the Life Esidimeni contract by people above her.
Other evidence that implicates Makhura includes the claim by Dr Barney Selebano, the Head of the Gauteng Health Department, that the "decision to start deinstitutionalization of mental health care users from LE was undertaken in the Office of the Premier of Gauteng, the Honourable David Makhura, together with the HOD" (page 30 of the Ombudsman's report).
The ANC in Gauteng had been in discussion with Mahlangu on her availability to appear before the arbitration led by former Deputy Chief Justice Dikgang Moseneke, he said.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY) Shares Sold by Douglass Winthrop Advisors LLC
- Lavrov calls claims of Russian meddling 'fantasies'
- Iran's military confirms limit on missile range imposed by supreme leader
- Australie. Elle reçoit 16 millions d'euros après l'erreur de sa banque
- Ittefaq: Sonakshi Sinha, Sidharth Malhotra's thriller might be remade in Telugu
- Eagles trade for Dolphins running back Jay Ajayi
- Bhutan King, Queen arriving in India today
- The Interpublic Group of Cos. Plans Quarterly Dividend of $0.15 (IPG)
- Want a Longer Life? Too Bad, Stopping Aging Process is Mathematically Impossible
- Google ditched self-driving vehicle feature after users napped behind wheel