Kuwait's cabinet was formed less than a year ago after snap polls. But the submission came after 10 opposition lawmakers had filed a vote of no confidence against the country's minister for cabinet affairs, Sheikh Mohammad Abdullah.
Kuwaiti Prime Minister Sheikh Jaber Mubarak al-Hamad al-Sabah tendered on Monday his resignation to Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmed al-Jaber al-Sabah, reported the Kuwaiti News Agency (KUNA).
An Emiri decree accepting the resignation indicated that current ministers should carry out urgent affairs until the next government is formed.
Kuwait's Emir Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad Al-Sabah today accepted his government's resignation, a week after a fresh dispute broke out in the oil-rich Gulf state's parliament.
'Dancing with the Stars' shocker: Major front-runner forced to exit the show?
TMZ reports Stirling was injured while performing a dance move with partner Mark Ballas , who was by her side at the hospital . Here, they perform an Argentine Tango during Week 6, which received flawless scores from the judges.
The resignation was widely expected following comments from National Assembly speaker Marzouq Al-Ghanem last week indicating that ministers would not attend the next parliamentary session on Tuesday.
Prime Minister Sabah has held his post since 2011 and was reappointed after the parliamentary election the following year.
Kuwait has faced political instability for over a decade, with parliament dissolved several times.
- Exact Sciences Corporation (NASDAQ:EXAS) Receives Coverage Optimism Score of 0.20
- Three new members of the broad Asus ZenFone 4 family come to the US, Pro model included
- MotoGP title goes to the wire as Dovi reigns in Malaysia
- Sensex, Nifty Close At Record Highs
- Les féministes appellent à un rassemblement ce lundi — Rétrospective Polanski
- Benghazi attacks militant captured in raid by special operations forces
- Moller Financial Services Takes $316000 Position in Merck & Company, Inc. (MRK)
- Singaporean actresses Ase Wang, Caitanya Tan narrate encounters with Harvey Weinstein
- NCAA appeal denied: Braxton Beverly won't play for NCSU this season
- Steelers' Martavis Bryant Drawing Trade Calls; Patriots Interested?